• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC electronic signature issues.

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro which is that it won't allow me to apply my electronic signature twice to a PDF document.

When i create a PDF it will allow me to add my electronic signature. But once i save the document, if i tried to resign it a second time it will not allow me to resign. I tried this with a 'fake' pdf that i created also, and the same issue. I also checked my settings and can't see any issue. I also created a new digital ID to see if this was the issue but it doesn't seem to be and i really need to get this issue resolved as it will reoccur because i will have to generate, approve and obsolete documents on a daily basis. if a document is being superseded it means the previous version must be made obsolete (stamped obsolete and electronically signed in Adobe). But adobe won't allow me to sign a second time. It seems to be something to do with the settings within my Adobe account or signature as another colleague has tried to do this with an older version of adobe and was successful. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mc,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are unable to sign a pdf second time using your certificate signature in Adobe Acrobat, is this correct?

Could you let us know how you are creating the pdf - using File > Create option in Acrobat or from Create PDF option in MS Word for ex.?

What happens when you try to sign the pdf second time? Is there any error message?

Also, let us know the version of Acrobat and the operating system you have on the machine?

To check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

You may also visit the following link which discusses the similar issue: Multiple digital signatures

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam

I am creating the pdf from a word document through the process of 'saving as' PDF. I have tried numerous possibilities, even if i scan a document in PDF it will only allow me to sign it once, or if it's a PDF form, it will only allow me to sign it once. The version of Adobe that i have is Adobe Acrobat DC & Reader 2015.

There is no error message when i try to sign a second time. All the options are grey and it won't allow me to select the signing option again. I have already visited that thread page for 'multiple signatures' and it is of no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mc,

Would it be possible if you can share one of the pdf files with us? We Would like to replicate the issue at our end.

You may share the pdf file via Adobe's Send and Track.

(1) Visit this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

(2) Click  Add files > choose files from my computer

(3) Select the file > create link. You can copy paste the link here in the forums or you can share it via private message.

To send a private message, left-click on the user's user name and click Message.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a signature option: "Lock Document after Signing". If this is set, all further  modifications (including another signature) are prohibited. Make sure this option is not checked in the signing dialog, and not (accidentally?) set in the Seed Values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines