• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content categories and merged projects

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, someone talk to me about content categories. I have a "Master" project with 30+ child merged projects. I have two content categories (e.g., "Base" and "Custom") and I'm trying to keep it basic, by showing one TOC for the "Base" content category and another TOC for the "Custom" content category.

When I generate the master project's WebHelp, it looks like it's creating the index.htm file and then two folders: Base and Custom. Does that mean for every child merged project, I have to create two WebHelp outputs to publish to both of those folders? I tried that, but I cannot get the merged projects to display in the TOC.

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hopefully Peter will pop in with better advice as it relates to merging.

Content Categories is an interesting feature, but it does exponentially create a new swarm of files for each category you create. Basically, each Category constitutes a new WebHelp output. If you have more than one category, pay close attention to the dialogs you see as you generate the output. You will notice a "Generating (Category name)" for each category.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not certain that Content Categories will work with merged help. Certainly I would not be testing it with your live setup. Download the merged help demo from my site and experiment with that. It's more basic and easier to see what is going on. I will try to have a look but it will not be until later tomorrow at best. A distant bell is telling me that I was advised it will not work but I would want to test and also check that before being definitive.

I have been told that Dynamic Content Filtering in Responsive HTML5 layouts will work across a merge as long as the filtering is set up in the same way and using the same names. Unless there was some reason not to, that is what I would be looking at.

Post back tomorrow to let us know if you have made any progress. If not, then I will take a look as soon as I can.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested with the sample project. I'll have to work through some kinks, like linking between content categories, but I think it may work. Thanks for weighing in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp