Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 2016 / Windows 10 / Acrobat PDFMaker Issue

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Have an issue with a new installation of adobe acrobat standard 11 edition with office 2016 and windows 10. Whenever the user attempts to create a new pdf from an office document, say excel, she clicks on the Acrobat tab at the top of office and then clicks on create PDF. Immediately she gets an error "Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files. "Acrobat PDF Maker" You must have administrator privileges to install these files. Please contact your local system administrator."

This is a fresh install of windows 10 professional. The user is a local admin on the PC and the application was installed with an admin account. I've tried repairing the installation, doing a complete reinstall of the application, I've even tried upgrading the installer to one of our acrobat pro licenses and it gave the same problem. This occurs in any office application we try to create a PDF from. I've reinstalled office as well. I've seen a couple articles making sure that a reg key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin to have its value set to 3, all of that is set already. I've also tried removing the plugin and repointing the plugin to the DLL file, that failed too. Office, adobe and windows are completely up to date.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/system+admin+hmbay  wrote

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Have an issue with a new installation of adobe acrobat standard 11 edition with office 2016 and windows 10.

Office, adobe and windows are completely up to date.

Any suggestions?

While I don't have an answer to your question, I do urge you to put in a support request to Adobe asap. Acrobat XI support ends on October 15, 2017.

End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Do you know where I can find contact information for adobe directly besides on the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have at least version 11.0.16. Previous versions before that

are not compatible with Office 2016.

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 8:37 PM, system admin hmbay <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently on 11.0.22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem you have described.  Did you ever find a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines