Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Cannot Open RW2 Files [from Panasonic Lumix GX850]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I just purchased the new Lumix GX850, largely because it shoots in RAW.  But Lightroom (and file explorer) cannot open the RW2 files.  I searched the Panasonic site and found a download for RW2 codec, but it is from 2009 and is too old to even run on my computer (Windows 10).  Is there something I can do?  Or do I need to await a further Lightroom/Camera Raw update. (I am running Camera Raw 9.8)  Any ideas?

Thank you!

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

It's the same camera as the GF9.

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX850 (Lumix DC-GX800 / Lumix DC-GF9): Digital Photography Review

If the Lightroom update hasn't shown up for you yet, you can get it here:  Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new model  which is not yet supported by Lightroom or Camera Raw. You will just have to wait for the next update and see if that model has been added to the group of supported cameras. That's one of the problems of purchasing brand-new cameras when they first hit the market. It takes time for Adobe to provide support for the files from those new cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. We're definitely aware of this model and hope to support it in a future update of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I am usually annoyed by updates, but I will be looking forward to the next one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's Lightroom release supports that camera. Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this update appear today?  It is not showing up right now.  The GX850 is not listed among the cameras for this update.  It is the same type of file as another Panasonic camera listed?

Thank you!

Kevin Gerow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same camera as the GF9.

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX850 (Lumix DC-GX800 / Lumix DC-GF9): Digital Photography Review

If the Lightroom update hasn't shown up for you yet, you can get it here:  Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Got it! And it works fine!  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing 'previews' when i try to import RW2 files from my Lumix LX-10. I upgraded from 4 to 6 in an attempt to resolve this problem... Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The Lumix LX-10 was first supported in Lightoom 6.7. The current version is 6.10.

Check which version you are running. In LR click Help > System Info. Update to 6.10 via Help (Win) or Lightroom (Mac) > Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I buy a standalone version of Lightroom...i.e. with Cloud subscription?

And if so, from where? Can't find it on Adobe website.

And...can anyone tell me if the current version of Lightroom recognises RW2 files from Lumix DMC LX7?

Any advice much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should have read.....without Cloud subscription....sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I buy a standalone version of Lightroom...i.e. with(out) Cloud subscription?

Yes. Refer these steps

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

And...can anyone tell me if the current version of Lightroom recognises RW2 files from Lumix DMC LX7?

Always check this table for which cameras are supported by which version of Camera Raw and Lightroom.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The Lumix DMC LX7 is 5 years old and has been supported by Lightroom since version 4.2. So, yes, the current version of Lightroom supports that camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines