Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 canvas Animate CC - How to add external scripts and load .json files

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I have been using animate cc for a little while now, but can't seem to find much about the global scripts. The reason I want to know more is that I created an animation in After Effects, and used the bodymovin plug in to export this as an html5 file - producing a .JSON and the player being a .JS . I want to place this html5 version of my animation into my html5 canvas in Adobe Animate CC, but I am unsure how to do this?

I assume there is a way to do it from within the actions panel in Animate CC, loading the player as a global script.. but then how do I bring in the .JSON file?

Would be so grateful for any help with this!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Animate is not like Dreamweaver, where you can throw things into an HTML document together and expect them to just work. Animate in Canvas mode is essentially an IDE for the CreateJS library. When you publish you get a single canvas element that is under the direct control of the library.

Now, I have no specific idea what it means to publish After Effects as HTML5. I don't know if it's flinging divs around or using a canvas element of its own, but either way you're looking at something that most

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted this in the Captivate forum, do you want me to move it to the Animate forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry! Yes please do,

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate is not like Dreamweaver, where you can throw things into an HTML document together and expect them to just work. Animate in Canvas mode is essentially an IDE for the CreateJS library. When you publish you get a single canvas element that is under the direct control of the library.

Now, I have no specific idea what it means to publish After Effects as HTML5. I don't know if it's flinging divs around or using a canvas element of its own, but either way you're looking at something that most likely exists in its own world separate from any other library. I would be very surprised if you could directly integrate this animation. Most likely you'll have to float it above your Animate stage, creating the illusion that it's all part of the same animation.

That being said, to include third-party script files in an Animate project:

1. Open the Actions windows.

2. Drag out the left edge to display a list that shows Global, Include, Script.

3. Click Include.

4. Click the + button on the upper-right.

5. Select "Add a File..."

6. Pick your JS file.

7. Click Global to return to the local frame script view (yes, really).

In AS3 documents you can just go to publish settings and click the wrench button to include external scripts, but I guess they thought it would be more fun to do things this way in Canvas documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks ClayUUID, for the external-file inclusion step-through; appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I wanted to know if anyone had watched the html5 adobe animate webinars ? If someone coulda share material with me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines