Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU acceleration in effects

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am building a new Ryzen 7 PC for Premier Pro and Elements and I am wondering if to use a discrete  graphics card or not.

Everything I have read says it won't really benefit me as I don't use that many effects, but my mate says that his PC with a discrete graphics card handles image stabilisation much faster than his PC with onboard graphics, does this sound right?

I found this page that lists all the effects it can help

CUDA, OpenCL, Mercury Playback Engine, and Adobe Premiere Pro | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

The Ryzen CPU platform currently requires a discrete GPU just to even work at all. You see, Ryzen does not have integrated graphics at all, nor do AM4 motherboards with onboard graphics currently exist.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ryzen CPU platform currently requires a discrete GPU just to even work at all. You see, Ryzen does not have integrated graphics at all, nor do AM4 motherboards with onboard graphics currently exist.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do down sizing like 4K to HD or HD to SD a CUDA based card is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines