• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO MAKE PHOTOS LOOK LIKE THIS?

Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5df22edd682f6b1f7cfb41ba51587c3c--fantasy-books-book-recommendations.jpg

How would you achieve this sort of smoothing effect in Photoshop? I am positive this image was made in Photoshop. The Stylize filters don't seem to be the answer, and I'm wondering if it's perhaps an indie filter? Thank you for all the answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

The skin may gave been cleaned up additionally in particular but I doubt that needs any non-default Photoshop filters.

When viewing an image it may simply not be possible to determine which exact operations have been performed on it, even if one could compare it to the unedited image.

In this case there are various things one can choose to emulate (or not) – the colors, the contrasts, the sharpness or lack thereof, the composition, … and it can make a huge difference which image one edits to emula

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an image (or a lores version thereof) of yours you want to edit thusly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for a one click fix for this?  All of these so called 'looks' can be aproximated just using the available tools with Photoshop, but the original image will play a big part.  As c.p. has asked, so us a an image that you want to mess up ​ apply this look to to, and I am sure someone will show you the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crowCoverSimulationDSCN7710Scr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't necessarily a particular picture I was looking to do this to, just a skill I wanted under my belt purely because of how good it looked. Thank you for the directives, so just using a combination of gaussian blur (and gradient map/curves). I think this is certainly part of it, I'm not quite sure if it's all though (maybe using Topaz Clean?). I don't know, but thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The skin may gave been cleaned up additionally in particular but I doubt that needs any non-default Photoshop filters.

When viewing an image it may simply not be possible to determine which exact operations have been performed on it, even if one could compare it to the unedited image.

In this case there are various things one can choose to emulate (or not) – the colors, the contrasts, the sharpness or lack thereof, the composition, … and it can make a huge difference which image one edits to emulate the appearance. (edited)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, it seems like you're right. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines