• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon Mark D II and Lightroom 5, and operating on a Mac. It started when I was uploading pics and they came up as CR boxes instead of pictures, and then I started getting the error message "The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom." I could still see the photos on my actual camera so I decided to plug the camera directly into the computer and upload that way instead of the card reader. I was able to save those pictures. I then got a new SD card (in fear the other was corrupt) and updated my Lightroom to LR6. Just tried to upload new images and the same thing is still happening only this time, all the pictures are now gone from my camera. Not sure where to go from here. Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you have correctly stated the model of your camera. Could you please clarify? Here is a link to a list of all the cameras currently supported by Lightroom and Camera Raw, as well as which version of either is required to support your camera:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of LR 6 are you using? Go to Help > About Adobe PS LR and check you are running the 6.8 version. If not Update from here.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the most current version of LR (6.8 version). And camera is a Canon mark II 5D, which is on the list of camera supported by Camera Raw. I've been uploading my pics into LR for a few years and never had an issue like this before.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then check the Destination folder to see if it has the proper read & write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. How exactly do I do that?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the Get Info command.

Select the folder you are reading from or saving to in the Finder. Hold the Control key, click on the folder an choose Get Info from the drop down box. You will see a window like this appear. Look at the setting for Sharing and Permissions, it should say Read&Write for your user account. Change it here if needed.

GetInfo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all this. Still showing only only a few of the photos (out of hundreds) and they appear as CR2 during import, and then I get the same error message after. How is it possible for all those photos to disappear off the card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these images on the camera and are you connecting the camera directly to the computer (If you are use a Card Reader) or on your hard drive, internal or external?

What option are you using in the Import dialog window? Please show a screen shot of that dialog window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom.

This is not a permissions error. This is not a Destination folder error. This is not an error due to the fact that you have selected the wrong options in the Import dialog.

This is an error due to the fact that you think you have Lightroom 6.8, but you do not. Please confirm (show us a screen capture) that shows the version number under Help->Systems Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I then got a new SD card (in fear the other was corrupt) and updated my Lightroom to LR6.....camera is a Canon mark II 5D,"

There seems to be a huge amount of confusion here and several points on which clarification is needed.

1. The Canon 5D Mark II does not use an SD card. It has a single card slot and that slot is for a CF card. Although there are adapters available for fitting an SD to a CF slot, using one is not recommended because they can cause file corruption.

2. The 5D2 is a relatively old camera, released in Nov. 2008 and first supported by Lightroom 2.2 in Dec. 2008 - more than eight years ago! There is no way that any version of either LR5 or LR6 would not support the CR2s from that camera.

"...they appear as CR2 during import, and then I get the same error message after."

What is that message?

"How is it possible for all those photos to disappear off the card?"

It shouldn't be possible. LR only copies files from a card, without moving or deleting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

caitlinb1544991  wrote

I have a Canon Mark D II and Lightroom 5, and operating on a Mac. It started when I was uploading pics and they came up as CR boxes instead of pictures, and then I started getting the error message "The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom."... and updated my Lightroom to LR6.

Since you did an LR5 to LR6 upgrade, both versions of the program may still be on your system.

Sometimes the install program does not update your desktop icons correctly. When you run LR, make sure you are getting the version 6 instead of the version 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Lightroom CC and done the import, the initial import seems fine , although it only finds the ORF raw files from my Olympus EM1 MK2 camera and not the jpg?

Also I've tried to import from additional locations on my machine, but now I get the same message the raw files are not recognised by the raw format support in lightroom.

What am I doing wrong, am totally new to lightroom, but so far things are not going great.

This is only the free evaluation version as I didn't want to spend money on something if I didn't get any use out of it.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Lightroom CC and done the import, the initial import seems fine , although it only finds the ORF raw files from my Olympus EM1 MK2 camera and not the jpg?

Also I've tried to import from additional locations on my machine, but now I get the same message the raw files are not recognised by the raw format support in lightroom.

Please tell us the version number of your Lightroom. Go to Help->System Info and tell us the version NUMBER shown there. I want the NUMBER and not words like "up-to-date".

What camera is the one where you get the message that RAW files are not recognized? You said earlier the EM1 MK2 raw is found by LR. The JPGs are not found because there is an option that treats JPG next to RAWs as separate photos, or not. You have to find the option (I think it's in preferences) and set it to the proper state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

It says Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445].

The camera is my EM1 MK2, on first install and import, it imported everything.  I have subsequently downloaded additional files to my pc and then tried to import these and this is when I get the error message.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your Lightroom to version CC 2015.12/6.12 (it's free for CC subscribers and LR 6 owners)

Download Photoshop Lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now at Lightroom version: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ] and still got same error.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now I get the same message the raw files are not recognised by the raw format support in lightroom

What is the exact word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the excact same problem with the raw files from my 6d m2

Adobes DNG converter would not convert the files either.

So i Downloaded the latest version of adobe bridge, converted and imported via adobe bridge.

Bridge could read the raw files right away, and also convert them to dng. So after that i could import them into lightroom, and start my editing.

Hope this works for you, if you didnt find another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retouch Tom​

Could you please state the version NUMBER of Lightroom you are using that is causing these problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using LR 5.7.1

Downloaded a trial version of the latest lightroom (8.1 LR classic), and had no issues importing, shooting tethered or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because you weren't using the correct, basically the Newest, version of the Free Adobe DNG converter program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
THANK YOU. This worked for me. I really appreciate that you posted this. Helped me in a tough spot. We just shot a huge event with 5 photographers, multiple cameras and cards, and now trying to import off the cards into LR and wham I ran into this issue with 2 of the people's cards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines