• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem re-installing CS3 on iMac running Sierra

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 was working fine on my iMac. Then I had to erase the hard drive. Tried to re-install from the original Adobe disks, got error that the install app is not supported on this type of Mac. Downloaded a new CS3 installer from Adobe and got message that licensing for this product has stopped working. Any help someone could give would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Sierra versus any of the older Adobe Creative Suites is a long shot.  Even CS6 is not without travails.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sierra versus any of the older Adobe Creative Suites is a long shot.  Even CS6 is not without travails.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for answering my question! What you told me was extremely helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for this information! I've been going nutty trying to figure out the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems re-installing CS3 on 10.12.1 after getting a message saying "licence stopped working".

Copied the install package to my drive.

Followed advice here Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) .

However CS3 has a file in the package called "Setup" not "Install" in … Adobe CS3 Design Standard/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS

Dragged  and got this

… /Adobe\ CS3\ Design\ Standard/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup

Begin Adobe Setup

UI mode: Full GUI

End Adobe Setup.  Exit code: 9999

Any ideas why I'm getting "9999"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Apple changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not blaming anybody, times change. Just would like to know how to get the installer working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the CS3installer working by downloading some older java package on my system. Unfortunately, the activation will not work, even with my valid serial #. Upon contacting support, they just say it is an old version that is not supported anymore and point you to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have another OS 10.9.x boot disk disk with Photoshop CS3 installed. When I boot in OS 10.9.x ,  Photoshop CS3 works normally. 

I have the Java SE 6 legacy version installed in Sierra. When I try to  launch Photoshop CS3 app when booted in Sierra, I'm asked for a serial number.  When I enter my SN while booted in Sierra, a red X appears indicating my SN is not accepted. Is there a known workaround?

Adobe licensing support says I should be launching "CS3 Production Premium" which I do not see on my OS 10.9.x boot drive. They pointed me to the CS3 Production Premium dmg which is downloaded and opened.  I see Setup.app:

/Volumes/Adobe CS3 Production Premium/Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium/Setup.app

Double-clicking launches Setup from the OS X 10.12.5 finder, but Setup immediately exits.  If I open from terminal window, I see:

[claw:/Volumes/Adobe CS3 Production Premium/Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium] joe% open Setup.app

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Volumes/Adobe CS3 Production Premium/Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium/Setup.app.

I'd appreciate understanding how to get past this point, so I can try to get past this point, to give CS3 my serial number, and see if magic happens.

Will I do better to reboot into OS X 10.9.x, open the dmg, run Setup install CS3 Production Premium onto my Sierra OS 10.12.5 disk, reboot into 10.12.5 and see if my SN will be accepted?  Or is it totally hopeless to run CS3 in Sierra?

Please note that I am licensed for CS4, CS5, CS6 and CC, but in the more recent version, Adobe amazingly removes the interactive layout option for File > Automate > Photomerge

For this reason, I have eschewed the newer versions.nI would happily use CC if this feature were restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the legacy Java 6 runtime, in the terminal, I was able to run the installer directly by navigating to /Volumes/Adobe CS3 Design Standard/Adobe CS3 Design Standard/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS and typing ./Setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the java6, you may have to reboot to get it to work.  I installed as described above, but it still hung.  Reboot and now it works via the terminal.  To run via terminal, right click on the Setup file, show package info, drag Contents/MacOS/Setup onto a terminal window and hit enter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, melissa_kk, tho I'm getting a hang on that method which never resolves: hdiutil: attach failed - Resource busy

....edit: I realized I wasn't fully up to date on the Java runtime.  Grabbed that, tried this from the start, and it all worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily.  If Adobe did not follow all of Apple guidelines, it could be due to Adobe when Apple  updated the OS and corrected bugs/loopholes that some developers took advantage of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am interesting in buying an old Adobe CS3 for my MacBook Air.

I visited this page updated August 2017:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-suite/kb/cs3-product-downloads.html

It States that if you have CS3 you can insert your serial number to your Adobe ID and they will let you download a new Launcher and Serial Numbers so that they will work because the old CS3 activation servers have been turned off. No activation needed as technical they know you own it from your Adobe ID.

Surely this would work with all your posts of unable to activate etc?

Please let me know if anyone try this method. Would be interested to see if it works fully or needs etc Java downloads.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes- I tried to reinstall from disc on cs3 and went through the prompts and got a new serial number. just find your scenario in the screen. I am having issues with image quality and font issues, trying to navigate through that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 predates the introduction of Retina displays, so on a Retina display, everything's going to look a bit pixelated. The actual output should still be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Apple migration app to migrate old computer that had CS3.  It said license server not working and I had 5 days to re-initiate.  Photoshop did not work great (menus hard to read as some items had white lettering on yellow background,  but was usable.   Re-initiate didn't work via internet web and via telephone, I was pointed to download a new installer with a new serial number that did not need the license server (discussed above).  I did that.  Instruction were to uninstall current version using Adobe uninstaller, then use setup on downloaded .dmg (actually 2 .dmg files downloaded).  I could run setup just fine, no need for terminal.  It installed Acrobat pro 8 and shared components, but not Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator.  So this whole process seems one step back for me.  Anyway to get those installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines