• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Thumbnails left side panel

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dragged the left panel wider to view enlarged paged thumbnails. Now whenever I open a PDF the left panel is stuck wide. If I drag it back so I see only 1 page on top of another as a single column, close and open another PDF the left hand panel is too wide. How do I get it back to the default size? Just so I'm clear, if open the Page Thumbnails, Bookmarks, Attachments, Layers, Signatures, or Standards left side panel they all are too wide. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaell_epsilon,

Please try the following steps:

• Edit>Preferences>Documents and check/uncheck the Box for "Restore last view settings reopening documents"
  • Close the PDF and reopen.

You may also refer to the KB doc for more information Viewing PDFs and viewing preferences, Adobe Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/viewing-pdfs-viewing-preferences.html

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Restore last view settings reopening documents" was unchecked. Oddly though, I checked it "on" and has fixed the issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue... And is not resolved with the documents options in Preferences.

Any open PDF ... if I click on Page Thumbnails... the pane opens WIDE.. three columns of thumbnails wide.  I can pull it back to one column.  Close the document.. Reopen the document and pane width is retained in a nice single column,,, BUT.. if I close the Page Thumbnails pane and reopen the pane it goes back to three columns wide.

Selecting or deselecting "Restore last view settings reopening documents" only affects how it's opened.

Something is managing the default width on all the navigation panes.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance..

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce-

Same with may. The problem is back today. I tried checking "Restore last view settings reopening documents" back to "on" and it has fixed the issue again. Seems like for now until Adobe fixes this, the workaround is toggle this setting?

-Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bruce and Mike,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query. Please try to delete the preferences of Acrobat from the machine, to delete the preferences, please refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

Restart the machine and then check.

If the issue still persists, please use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the Acrobat, Cleaner tool http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Restart the computer and install the Acrobat back from https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Hope the help, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

Suggestions did not work…

And the cleaner tool says it’s only for standalone versions of Acrobat.

My Acrobat is part of my Creative Cloud subscription.

When I deleted the Preferences folder in C:\Users\brucesmith\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC

It did not reappear after re-booting and launching Acrobat. And has not re-appeared after opening several PDF docs.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks…

Bruce Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted <com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist> and for now this seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is such file?

Thanks…

Bruce Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

It seems that this issue can get resolved by Remote session, I will request you to contact the Adobe Support team so that they can remote in and resolve the issue for you. To contact support Contact Customer Care Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so awesome to hear. Nice job troubleshooting that! Glad it's working now and thank you for sharing the workaround/steps.

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to your menu.  Click "view" --> navigation panels --> reset panels 

reset panels.jpg

I was a literature major.  Computer sci majors from Adobe have no inclinication to fix the problems that they create and which vex the people.  I am disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines