• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pro-Res output from Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Sierra & Adobe CC 2017 from Mountain Lion & Photoshop 6 which exported pro-res video fine. Now I'm on a 2013 Mac pro running Sierra: I'm running Photoshop CC2017 but it won't render video out as Quicktime Pro-Res files. I've Quicktime player working fine & downloaded the latest Pro-res codecs into the Media Encoder & can see them when going into the Media Encoder via Premiere.

Though Prores codecs are accessible in Media Encoder when exporting from Premire Pro CC2017, they don't show up as options when trying to render video out of Photoshop, only a handful of options are offered under Quicktime & none are Pro-Res.

Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tedjyc,

Photoshop CS6 has not been tested on Sierra, though many users have updated to this OS and have not faced many issues. Refer Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

About the issue you've mentioned, Does the suggestions offered in this discussion "Failed" export in Media Encoder helps you with exporting the Pro-res file?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

Thanks for the links but they are not helpful.  My problem is strictly in Photoshop CC2017.  I've Photoshop 6 which exports to pro-res fine but it will not install in Sierra. I can export Pro-res files from Premiere Pro CC 2017 to the Media Encoder.  But only see a simplified quicktime export options when coming from Photoshop CC 2017.  

Thanks,

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the export settings from Photoshop you're referring to?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 7.36.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install these presets into photoshop cc 2017's /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Presets/Video/Adobe Media Encoder/QuickTime folder.

Adobe - Adobe Media Encoder : For Macintosh : AME CC 2014.1 ProRes presets (Mac only)

prores.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your mac os x 10.7 did you have one of apples pro video applications like Final Cut Pro, Motion, or Compressor?

Do you have one of those on your new Sierra install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have final cut X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it seemed to be some quirk, I upgraded to PS CC2018 & copied the prores presets into the Media encoder & it worked to my surprise.  Not sure why this time it sees the presets when exporting from PS but am relieved that it still works after several days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines