• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Activated too many times?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using Adobe CS6  for 5 years with multi reloads on new computers I get a message that my Activation number has been revoked with no explanation and possibility to speak with someone in authority who can explain to me why other than your code is now being used by someone else and offering me the option of buying a contract for their Cloud systems.  I am absolutely livid with Adobe as this was purchased from a reputable company ( i checked the credentials but no longer have any records ) and after so much use they just out of the blue make it unavailable to me.  Has any body else suffered in this way.  Why after accepting my code for 5 years do they now turn it down.?????????????

Message was edited by: Terri Stevens I changed the title of your post to make it more obvious what the problem is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are user-volunteers and while we do handle troubleshooting and technique questions, we have no say over activation and serial number issues.

You'll need to chat with Customer Support.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Gene said go to 'Contact Customer Care' and select the 'Account Issue' category. They should be able to reset your activation count providing there is no evidence of the software being in use on more than one computer at a time. Most software companies will challenge multiple installs. I had lots of problems with Windows before version 10 came out, so it isn't just Adobe being difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I will  do this one more time but I have had absolutely no help whatsoever from my previous several contacts with"India".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep us posted on this. If Customer Care can't help, we can ask other people on staff at Adobe to take a look at your case-sometimes the support desk can be inflexible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also DO NOT GOOGLE FOR A TELEPHONE NUMBER. You will get a scammer ! It sounds as if you may already have done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone the customer care route with the same result.  I have even called the HQ in America and they fend me of and tell me that I must contact tech support which is outsourced which leads me back to India again.  I have been there 3 times with the same result.  It seems nobody wants to talk to me about this issue except you guys on the internet.  I even have a case number with a promise to call me (0189377785) but it never happened.  Can anyone help me furthere.????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickers,

I have asked for someone at Adobe to take a look at this for you. I appreciate that we don't all keep paperwork, but if you have an invoice from an official Adobe resellers that may help. I should tell you though that there are many resellers who are not authorised and sold fairly dubious versions of the software-if you purchased from one of those then Adobe may not help. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help Terri, and I do know that there are unscrupulous people out there but in this case I tried my best to certify them and was satisfied that they were ok.  What I don't get is why, if it is a pirated copy I have, it took Adobe so long to tell me about it.  It was ok right from the get go of the download when I loaded it onto my  PC, then again on the PC after a crash and then onto an iMac when I changed to Apple and then another iMac when I upgraded to a better version.  I do not have any receipt for the purchase as I mentioned before.

What form of help can I expect from the someone you know at Adobe?  Will I be contacted? Or will the info come via you?  Anyway whatever happens I would like to thank you and the others for your interest and help and will try to manage with my legitimate version of Lightroom which up to now seems to be genuine.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pickers  wrote

Thank you for all your help Terri, and I do know that there are unscrupulous people out there but in this case I tried my best to certify them and was satisfied that they were ok.  What I don't get is why, if it is a pirated copy I have, it took Adobe so long to tell me about it.

The problem is that activations are automatic and it was the policy of Adobe to accept them until proven otherwise and it could take a while before they would notice suspicious activity or audit the numbers. When they were, the old activation is honored until you went to reinstall, then you would find out.

Why didn't they tell you? They would have tell everyone they caught, and besides paying staff to email notices many which would bounce or were never registered with an email address, they would likely get blasted for lying by those who got burned. Not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revoked is different from Activation Limit Reached.

Activation limit reached or Sign-in failed error   Activations can be reset, but revoked is the bad news.

Invalid or revoked serial numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines