• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Automatically converting PDF to jpeg when downloading or file sharing.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So excited to be here...

This is also after being locked out of the Adobe chat and after calling the number, being told that they still offer phone support for mobile apps, only to be told by the actual tech support that I have to come here. Now I have to sit and hope that one of you awesome folks can help with my frustrating issue.

I believe even one of you can help me. So here goes.

Adobe Illustrator Draw is an absolute pleasure to use on the iPaD Pro. It is really fun and easy. I prefer creating vector art to pixel art because I enjoy the clean lines. I was told that if you have an Adobe Id you can use the mobile apps for free including a free creative cloud membership.

So I think everything is going great, I‘m creating away, uploading or saving my Draw App creations as .pdf. And every single time I want to send my pdf in an email, or download it to my ipad, or camera roll, it automatically converts it to a jpeg. All I want to know is how to share the file as the actual pdf I saved it as, not a jpeg.  What is the point of Adobe Draw if you can’t share your images in a file type that preserves the quality of the image?

You cant automatically save the image from the Draw App as a pdf on your iPad. And you can’t download it from the Creative Cloud anywhere as a pdf, at least on the iPad. Let me know if you all come up with a creative workaround? Amy_WongDebbieclawson !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

XannyD.

Since it might take awhile to find out whether this is a bug (and in which app it might be a bug) I did figure out a way to share a PDF. It's not as simple as doing it from the CC Mobile App but it sends as an actual PDF and you can still do it from your iPad. Here are the steps:

1. Use the Send to CC Files as PDF.

2. After you do that use a mobile browser to sign in to http://assets.adobe.com/files. You'll see the PDF in there. Tap on it.

3. In the preview screen you'll see an Actions pull

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XannyD.

The team is in a long meeting right now, but I'm going to check on this for you as soon as I can.

My understanding of saving as a PDF was that the PDF could then be shared. Since I always open PDFs on the desktop it never occurred to me that when sending as an email the PDF would convert to a jpg. The thing that's really throwing me off here is that even the subject line in the email connotes that a PDF is being shared.

Let me find out what's going on and what's expected here because this feature is not working as I expect it to either.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you. I eagerly await your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XannyD.

Since it might take awhile to find out whether this is a bug (and in which app it might be a bug) I did figure out a way to share a PDF. It's not as simple as doing it from the CC Mobile App but it sends as an actual PDF and you can still do it from your iPad. Here are the steps:

1. Use the Send to CC Files as PDF.

2. After you do that use a mobile browser to sign in to http://assets.adobe.com/files. You'll see the PDF in there. Tap on it.

3. In the preview screen you'll see an Actions pulldown. Tap that.

4. From the pulldown menu choose PDF then tap the Download bar.

5. On the next screen you'll see your PDF. Tap More on that screen. That will give you quite a few sharing options. I tried email and text and posting to Slack... all choices sent a PDF

Hope that helps you in the meantime.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines