• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TV Programs

Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is TV too lame for the Lounge?   I feel the need to share that I am loving the new Star Trek Discovery.  By heck the production values have com a long way since Captain Kirk flipped the cover on a die-cast box straight out of the Radio Spares catalogue.    The sound is awesome as well.  I had my sub woofer thingie working so hard, one of my cats thought it was another earthquake, and was doing wall of death round the house trying to get out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have original Star Trek and all of the spinoffs on Netflix, plus a few other old series that I watch when I have time

For new stuff...

Amazing Race  Both wife & I

Ammerica Got Talent Both wife & I

APB   Both wife & I

Blue Bloods  Both wife & I

Bull   Both wife & I

Dancing With The Stars Both wife & I

Hawaii 5-0  Both wife & I

IZombie   Just me

Lucifer  Just me

NCIS   Both wife & I

So You Think Dance Both wife & I

Supergirl  Just me

Survivor  Both wife & I

The Good Doctor  Both wife & I

World of Dance  Both wife & I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith- amusing! So many of your "Just me" shows are MY "Just Me" shows! But I have to add Supernatural, Flash and a few others (mostly, CW stuff - my boyfriend's not so into that, and he DOES watch Lucifer with me, and I was shocked that he likes Supergirl). The one that had me TOTALLY addicted since season 1 is So You Think You Can Dance. I love watching these ambitious, talented kids do what they do (I liked last season's WOD, too). Now, my BF is very NOT into "the arts" and dance is extremely low on his priority scale, so imagine my surprise that he's as addicted as I am! Those're just about the only reality shows we watch.

Trevor.Dennis​ - I've only seen the first Discovery- and have been a fan of Star Trek since the original series WAS original (made my parents bring a tv into the dining room so I could watch Capt. Kirk - my first love). I LOVED Discovery - and am blown away at the effects - and the MAKEUP! Seriously - is THAT how a Klingon looks?! COOL!
OTOH, I'm also enjoying The Orville - which has some really fun references to Star Trek, although it's more Galaxy Quest as a show...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be odd for a 70 year old guy, but as well as Super Girl I really enjoyed the Buffy series (original movie was Campy, but OK) which was another one with a strong, kick butt heroine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, Buffy!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I burned out on Star Trek after the Next Generation concluded.   My husband watches American Idol which is moving from FOX to ABC but I gave up on it years ago.

Favorites we both like:

House of Cards --Netflix

The Good Fight (spinoff from the Good Wife) - CBS streaming

Curb Your Enthusiasm (Larry David) - HBO

Jimmy Kimmel Live - ABC

Saturday Night Live - NBC

Jeopardy (quiz show)

Mission Impossible, original series - MeTV

The Fugitive, original series - MeTV

My favorites:

Almost anything on the Science Channel

Almost anything on Amazon Prime's Curiosity Stream

Almost anything on Tuner Movie Classics

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd not heard of The Orville, but I have just watched the first few minutes of the first episode, and it looks interesting. 

We are mostly into Brit drama like

Broadchurch

Luther

The Night Manager (an all time favourite)

Taboo (dark but compelling — we can't wait for series 2)

Last Tango in Halifax

Happy Valley

But we love a lot of the American shows like

Lucifer

West World (just me, but by heck that was a good series)

Longmire (just me again, and thank you Netflix for an extra series)

The Americans (one of our favourites)

24 — Jack Bauer's 'Man Bag' uses TARDIS technology to enable it to hold an infinite number of magazines and small machine pistols, but I have no doubt he could pull a half decent surface to air missile from the bag if the situation required it.

By myself, I like Discovery Turbo, but I don't watch much TV without my wife.

Something we just recently got into is No Offence.  It creams along at an incredible pace, is incredibly funny, and as likely to lead to bing watching as any series I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I feel the need to share that I am loving the new Star Trek Discovery.

I hate everything about it, the dark sets, the marry jane hero, the fact K have no honor or face now and the lack of anything 'star trek' (we shot first, we don't follow orders hell lets send both top officers on a suicide mission duing a battle so the ship has nobody to command it) and of course the black girl must be a total F-up so send her ass to jail but each to their own

on the up side the animation is ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But she's going to be the HERO! And, remember this is before they had any experience - hell, they even had a different name for the "Prime Directive"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines