• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2017 not recognizing fonts installed in Font Book on iMac Sierrra 10.12.6

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, fonts like Cambria, Calibri, Minion Pro and more for a total of 16 fonts that used to work when my iMac was El Capitan are not being recognized by InDesign CC 2017.

They are in the Font Book and validated.  But InDesign says they are missing.  I have copied the fonts to the Fonts Folder under the InDesign application folder.  Still doesn't work.  I copied the fonts to the Fonts folder under Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.  Still doesn't work.

When I look under Type/Fonts in Indesign, it shows these fonts at the top of the list not in an alphabetical order, but at the bottom of the list, they are listed again as missing.

I have also resolved any duplication errors in FontBook and it says there are no duplicates.

Please help as I need to use these fonts for a major document I'm doing for my client and I can't get a telephone # to call Adobe for this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

I just found the answer.

In applications, go to inDesign.

Open the font folder. Mine had no fonts in it. Drag your fonts (searched and found mine under open font type) into this folder.

Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening on only one file or also in a new file?

Have you tried restoring your InDesign preferences as a troubleshooting measure? Here's instructions:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve.

I created a new file and the fonts work fine there.  So maybe there was some corruption on the old file.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the old file as an IDML and reopening it:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just started the old document so wasn't a problem to start over again.  But I will keep your suggestion handy in case I run into this in the future.

Just trying to figure out how to click 'correct' to your answer as I don't see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread hadn't been marked as a question. I've just done so (I'm a moderator). You can now click the button beside the green star to set a correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one computer that has this same problem. Same InDesign file with the Document fonts folder on the same level will open fine on 3 other computers but one computer will not recognize one of the font. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling InDesign 2017, reset InDesign, cleared font cache, deleted my Extensis folder and reinstalling Universal Type Client from scratch and still nothing. I'm stumped! It's Baskerville so not a system font I don't believe. Appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the answer.

Open the font folder. Mine had no fonts in it. Drag your fonts (searched and found mine under open font type) into this folder.

Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I am not the original author of this thread, but I was desperately looking for an answer and this was it!

One thing I learned as well: if you are taking over a project from somebody else, you need to be careful if you are both using the same font types. I took over a project where the fonts were in OTF, while I was using TTF fonts. I believe this plays a role as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the answer.

Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines