• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Crashing with High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to macOS High Sierra, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has been frequently crashing (application immediately closes and any unsaved files are not saved).

This crash frequently happens when trying to save a file and always happens when trying to save a document comparision file. The crash has also occurred under a variety of other conditions that I can't always replicate.

Any suggestions would be very helpful as these crashes are wreaking havoc with my workflow!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 117 Replies 117
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even get Adobe Acrobat to start with High Sierra. Crashes every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  Ever since updating to High Sierra, Adobe stopped working.  When I try to launch Adobe or open a PDF file, I get a spinning color wheel that won't go away unless I force quit Adobe.  Adobe opens as do the PDF's but become almost instantly unresponsive.  I tried uninstalling Adobe and reinstalling, but that did not resolve this issue.  I'm running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1.  And Adobe version 18.009.20044.  Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... adobe DC crashes on opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here as well...crashing straight away, can't even do anything.

Is there a solution yet?

THY

sonja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't quite get it. It's crashing just after startup everytime on Sierra but on High Sierra it seems to be working fine. I see there is an update and I'm going to try it. Who knows. Both are Mac Book Airs with same specs other than OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Acrobat Pro DC won't work on my mac. The acrobat application starts, but it will not open any files.

I removed an reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC, but still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't seen this symptom (i.e., Acrobat doesn't even startup with MacOS 10.13) at Adobe.

Please provide more information about your configuration including specific hardware and especially Acrobat version (making sure you already have the latest updates).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov Isaacs - Thanks. Resolved it (finally) by uninstalling Acrobat and reinstalling. Not at all sure what the issue was. Am doing a HighSierra upgrade on another machine today and will see if the problem recurs. It was definitely the latest version of Adobe. I sent the crash logs to your tech team for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know you are up and going and thanks for sending the “evidence” to our support team.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov Isaacs - Okay, so installing High Sierra on my second mac did not yield the same problem. This installation was not glitchy like my last one, so am assuming the high sierra install on my other Mac was the cause of the trouble. Thanks for the prompt replies.

-Rafa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov

Moving my applications to a Mac Pro OS13.13.3 meant I had to reinstall my CS6 suite. All of them, with the exceptions of Acrobat Pro and After Effects, whose icon showed a "stop" bar in the dock were successful.

I downloaded a more recent version of After Effects which works fine. However, I uninstalled Acrobat Pro and tried to reinstall it without any luck. Is there a Here is the error message for Acrobat Pro...

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 1

http://www.adobe.com/support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I uninstalled & reinstalled Adobe Acrobat on my MacBook with High Sierra upgrade ... and it still does work. When I try to open pdf documents, they do not open. Any other fixes you can recommend? ... that will be appreciated. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

We have pushed an update few hours back. Can you try applying the update and let us know if your workflows are back in action now?

• Launch Acrobat Reader
  • Go to Menu Help -> Check for Updates -> Updates would download and Install
  • Close Acrobat/Reader
  • Bring on the workflow you are in…That should now work without any crashes.

Please apply the latest patch and let us know. Looking forward to the results.

Regards

Aj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just successfully used "Compare Files" tool in Acrobat which was previously crashing Acrobat 100% of the time in High Sierra. More time is needed to confirm all issues are resolved, but that is a promising sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know your workflows are unblocked.

Regards

Aj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW the updated acrobat DC does not work for me, at all.

The pre-release pro version works fine.

Fortunately not sent from an Android device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for keeping on top of this. I’ve encountered no issues since the update! So far so good.

trina chambard

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

[WARNING - Adobe does not use Skype, so BEWARE of someone contacting you via Skype and claiming to be from Adobe]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I downloaded and updated the files (as per your message) but still it doesn't work. I can open the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application but I cannot open any of my documents or even create any new documents. Basically I can't use the application at all ... can you help me fix it please? Here's a screen shot of the version I am running on High Sierra ..

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 6.01.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The version number shown in the screen is correct. Could you give more detail on the issue i.e.

1. Are you seeing any error while opening the document?

2. What happens instead of double clicking opening a file, try accessing/opening the file through File -> Open.?

Regards

Aj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I don't see any error messages. Nothing happens when I try File -> Open. I tried all options. The application opens but I am not able Open files, Create files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ... shut down my laptop and restarting .... but it doesn't seem to fix the issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Can you please share the following log files with us for further investigation on this issue?

System.log

To obtain this log, follow the steps given below:

1) launch Adobe Acrobat and execute the steps where you see the problem.

2) launch Finder

3) click on Go menu

4) select Go to Folder...

5) enter /var/log

6) locate the file System.log

Sample of process

1) Launch Adobe Acrobat and execute the steps where you see the problem.

2) Launch Activity Monitor

3) Locate Adobe Acrobat process

4) Double click on the process

5) Click on “Sample” button available long bottom left corner of dialog

6) Copy the generated sample of process in a text file and share it with us.

You can share the logs at apangasa@adobe.com

And would it be possible for you to try and reinstall the application and see if the problem still exists after reinstall?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro mid-2014 running macOS 10.13.1 (2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3) and have had the crashing problem for a long time but it is much worse now. I cannot use the program at all. Acrobat Pro DC is totally unstable and crashes every time. I find it very hard to believe that no one at Adobe seemed to know about this issue. This instability has been an issue for at least 2 years through various iterations of Sierra and High Sierra.

I have had instability issues with Illustrator, PhotoShop, and otehrs, though not as bad as Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting – I had also experienced issues with Photoshop.  It would crash whenever I would try to print.  That seems to have stabilized, but now Acrobat Pro is very, very touchy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines