• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects is streching image after importing.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everytime I add an anything to my time line the artwork is being streched. I can not found a fix for it. I have attached a screen shot.Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 11.20.18.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

you probably got a mismatch between your composition settings and the settings you set in illustrator. when you create a new composition, make sure you choose on of the presets. HDTV. (not HDV).

you might want to read how to prepare assets to After Effect too here: Preparing and importing still images in After Effects

and spend some time here: After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC and cover the basics. or you will are due to a lot of frustration because Ae is not that intuit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a cropped screenshot is of little use. we are missing important information. show us how it's supposed to look, what are the steps you take when you create your composition? make sure you are working in square pixels by checking your composition settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry im new to using after effects. First screen shot is how it looks in illustrator and the second version is my after effects. I hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 14.21.57.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-12 at 14.22.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably got a mismatch between your composition settings and the settings you set in illustrator. when you create a new composition, make sure you choose on of the presets. HDTV. (not HDV).

you might want to read how to prepare assets to After Effect too here: Preparing and importing still images in After Effects

and spend some time here: After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC and cover the basics. or you will are due to a lot of frustration because Ae is not that intuitive, not like Premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IT WORKS THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines