• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Button that opens Fill & Sign box

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on building a form in Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.20).  I've figured out everything else, except I don't want to do a digital signature, because the people filling out this form will not have one, and asking everyone who fills it out to create one is not an option.  Also, not all of them will know that signing a document via a picture of their signature, typing it out, etc., is available.  Therefore, I'd like to create either a button or text box that when clicked, opens the "Place Signature" box that opens when normally clicking "Fill & Sign", "Place Signature".  That is not an option under "Execute a menu item", so I'm not really sure where to go from there.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to add any field box for that. You can send the PDF as it is, and the other person will just need to add the signature as per their wish with the Adobe reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anjali,

The issue I'm facing here is, some people that will be receiving/using the file may not be aware that adding or drawing a signature is even possible, hence my interest in having the "Place Signature" box pop up when they click on the "Signature" field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that link, but that's not what I'm looking for.  When someone clicks on the field that I specify, I want this box to pop up.

SigPic.PNG

Edit - Per some research I've done, I've created a button to run a Script when clicked, but neither of these worked:

1 - app.execMenuItem("FillSignApp");

2 - app.execMenuItem("_BasicEchoSignPane");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Lloyd,

I am facin the same problem, did you find a solution to open the fill & sign menu automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for elaborating your concern but I would like to inform you that you will get this option only after clicking on Fill and Sign tool.

And also there is no such option in Acrobat application which will give you this particular option or else if you want you can use the Digital signature field so when your client click on it it will give them the window to create digital signature if they don't have one with Acrobat reader also.

Please check this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lD0mPjnl8

Multiple Signatures - Adobe Acrobat XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines