• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Spots color in to a single one

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 Cyan with different % of color. I have to combine this 3 colors to a single one cyan sample, without losing the % of each

I wannna have a single voice of cyan, instead of this 3 voices. The single Cyan I want to obtain has to include the 3 cyan I've already created

Schermata 2017-10-10 alle 18.03.01.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have 100% cyan, it includes any cyan tint, just show it at 40% opacity if you want the 40% cyan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but if I want combine all those squares to one single spot color without losing the opacity what can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose you have one swatch: 40% cyan. And you have 2nd swatch 20% cyan. You want one color which combines both: you have now a new color that's 60% cyan and is quite darker and more saturated. In the combined color, it technically will contain your desired percents, but the color will look nothing like either one - except for the general hue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can merge swatches together to preserve opacity, but not transparency. Swatches will change to the first selected spot color prior to activating the Merge Swatch option. The Merge Swatch option can be found in the swatch palettes options menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Make shapes in those three colors just like you have in the picture.

Have your spot color ready in the swatches.

Select one of the shapes (the one with 20%) and do: Select > Same > Fill Color (or what suits best).

Set it to the spot color but move the tint to 20%.

To all the same way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into the Recolor Artwork command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to add á little. You probably know already. You ask about spot colors but your picture shows global colors.

Global color has a white triangle in its icon

Spot color has a white triangle and a dot in its icon. It will be printed separatly each spot color. Like for instance Pantone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines