• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

typing manually in character & paragraph window not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble when I type in certain areas of the Character and Paragraph windows in the toolbar at the top. For example, if I want to adjust the “tracking” and I manually type .20, for example, it will default back to the original number. If I use the arrows to adjust it is not a problem. But sometimes I want a more precise number and have to type it in.  I am on a Mac, using the latest OS 10.12.6 Sierra with Adobe Creative Suite apps. All the Font size, Tracking, Leading are not working to manual change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Would you mind double-checking via InDesign CC > About InDesign? The current version is 2017.1. This was happening last year pretty regularly, but the issue was resolved with a patch.

If you are current, I'd recommend following Ajman's advice to trash preferences to see if that restores normal behavior. There are two techniques in the post. If the keyboard command doesn't work, manually delete InDesign SavedData and InDesign Defaults. Details here:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Indesign CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you update to InDesign CC 2017.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updated to the latest Creative cloud has

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind double-checking via InDesign CC > About InDesign? The current version is 2017.1. This was happening last year pretty regularly, but the issue was resolved with a patch.

If you are current, I'd recommend following Ajman's advice to trash preferences to see if that restores normal behavior. There are two techniques in the post. If the keyboard command doesn't work, manually delete InDesign SavedData and InDesign Defaults. Details here:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this and see if it works. Just got a new computer not sure what the bug is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue again today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. So are you on 2017.1?
  2. And you manually deleted these two files yesterday: InDesign SavedData and InDesign Defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 2017.1 release.   I also manually removed the 2 preference files (InDesign Defaults) and the (InDesign SavedData) and it works fine for about 2 hours until this morning.

Is it possible might be my new computer system and the adobe products. Having some other odds things going on other than Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Can your IT department take a look? And if you decide it's an Adobe issue, you can report it here:

Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no in house IT department here. But only having issues with my iCloud software. Something different with each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. So perhaps you want to uninstall all of it, run the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, and the reinstall.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the cleaning tool worked for 1 whole day until I can back in today and it stopped working again. I do think it is weird how some of the toolbar will let you manually change (like the leading) but not all things (like size of type). Thanks for your help may have to wait for a new update in hopes it will resolve itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not be a long wait. Check in the morning.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the new 2018 and did not work for the first day, 2nd day worked and today not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's too bad. Did you get a chance to report this as a bug to Adobe? I put the link on a previous reply.^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are using InDesign version CS (and not the latest creative cloud versions) on an OS which is not supported.

You can see if clearing cache and preferences and then restarting your system makes InDesign work fine. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

I would recommend to downgrade your OS to a compatible version.System requirements | Older versions of InDesign

or upgrade to the Creative Cloud version of InDesign

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No when I click that link it take me back to the forum window where we have been chatting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, I'm sorry. Here is the correct one:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines