• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my puppet's feet to stay on the ground in Character Animator, and not float?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't seem to get my puppet to stay put.  I've followed along with the tutorials and looked on the forums, followed the steps and still haven't had success.  I believe I have everything in the right order, a crown only on my character's name and the fixed buttons attached to the body positioned over the feet, but still not success.  I have exported my puppet and here is the drop box info:

Dropbox - MASONpuppet.puppet

Thanks so much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Nevermind...I just crated a new project and imported my character and it worked!  Not sure why, but all is good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind...I just crated a new project and imported my character and it worked!  Not sure why, but all is good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird but glad you figured it out! If it happens again let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this has started happening to me. Any help would be appreciated. My puppet still floats around despite pins in the feet and copying structure from an existing Ch sample puppet.

I can DM the puppet if need be.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancy - feel free to DM it to me. I would first make sure:

• The structure is a +Character group with Head and Body groups inside.
  • Only the Character group is independent - Head and Body don't have crown icons to the left of them in Rig mode.
  • The fixed handles are added to the Body group, not inside on feet groups/layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oksamurai, thanks for all your work!

I am having  some problems to fix my puppet in the ground. I made some other puppet and it works perfect, but whit this one I can not do it. Also i tried this Character Animator Tips & Tricks (April 2017) - YouTube but, help me in the other puppets not in the new one?

Any suggestion? How can i Send to you my puppet to check?

Thanks in advance!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this method resovles my issue, i had same issue my character was floting in screen , but when i put fixed lable on body layer it stops floting.Thanks sumurai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines