Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flicking Loading Wheel On Mouse - Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have just purchased Indesign CC and keep running into problems, this one I can't find a fix for. As the title says the loading icon/ mouse flicker when I open Indesign -  I can't access any tools or menus and have tried reinstalling, restarting etc. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows, and exactly which version of the operating system?

Mouse brand and model, and which mouse driver is installed in your operating system?

Video card brand and model (ATI, NVidia, etc) and which driver is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Windows 8.1, although I was using a trial this morning and it was working fine. My mouse is a Zalman ZM M400 but I'm not too sure about mouse drivers, I think this is it - 6.3.9600.17808 - or that's what is under driver version anyway. The Video card is NVidia GeForce GTX 760, driver version 10.18.13.6869.

Thanks for the speedy response also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh this only happens on inDesign too, illustrator, photoshop etc are all fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It flickers when dragging sliders, resizing objects and dragging objects. When it does, it lets go of the object/slider. Very annoying and time-consuming to work. InDesign 2017.0 release 12.00.81 x64 build, Wacom Intuos pro with mouse controller on WIN 10.

Please assist with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. During the last several hours of work through the issue, I found that when it flickers to the busy wheel it actually moves the focus away from the Indesign window. I experimented with fresh PC restart and working only with InDesign, the problem is not present. As soon as I open Chrome Browser, Word document or any other window, the flickering starts again. If I close back all windows except InDesign the problem persists.

Video showing the issue:

Temp - Roman Alurkoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone got in touch with me from Adobe and i think the problem was my

antivirus, he uninstalled this ( i was using avast) and it all works fine

now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OneSlip,

I would recommend you to upgrade your InDesign to the Latest available InDesign CC 2017.1

I has fix for various performance and stability related issues. Hopefully, it should resolve you as well.

Please share your feedback

Thanks,

Monica Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monica!

The issue is solved for me with the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue reappear recently. Same as before. InDesigh is unusable or real pain to use as it drops anything that I try to drag objects, sliders or borders)

Please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have the newest version of Indesign and running it on windows 10. The mouse keeps on flickering and I can't use all de options in Indesign. Why is it doing that? I have tried to reinstall the program, and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having flickering issues of the mouse for two weeks now. I can't resize boxes without guessing where the mouse is at. It's not only visually annoying to see a fuzzy box, but impossible to get any work done. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application and cleared my preferences file. What else can I do?

Update 10/19/17 - I updated to the new and improved Indesign 2018 and the flickering mouse still is present. I love using Indesign but without a pointer it's basically useless. I can't move boxes, resize text boxes or do much of anything in regards to layout. Please provide a fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines