• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate keeps crashing when opening file or untitled file?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use adobe animate on my cheap 200 dollar laptop so that's probably why it's crashing. It keeps tell me there's no disc space or some crap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

The numbers you gave seem more like RAM than drive space. If it was RAM you would have to trust the system to free up memory, but I could imagine cases where you really have done something so demanding that all of memory is used up. If you have an example FLA that you can post, that would be useful. Also, do you get the same problems when working with an empty FLA?

Back to the hard drive, if you do have 4GB free that is getting on the low side. Have you done anything to free space on your drive?

k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there disc space and 3gb ram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4gb (3.98 gb usable)

I also use a graphics monitor so maybe that's why?

I've been animating like crazy this past week and i got that pop up that tells me that my laptop has low memory and then i would have to restart it to use adobe animate again.

But this time, when i restarted my computer and opened adobe animate, every window disappeared, and the cursor showed an error sign. And when i tried to open up a window or go to the file tab or anything, my program would crash so i don't know what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The numbers you gave seem more like RAM than drive space. If it was RAM you would have to trust the system to free up memory, but I could imagine cases where you really have done something so demanding that all of memory is used up. If you have an example FLA that you can post, that would be useful. Also, do you get the same problems when working with an empty FLA?

Back to the hard drive, if you do have 4GB free that is getting on the low side. Have you done anything to free space on your drive?

kglad, what was your thinking about asking about 3GB? It's almost like you're psychic, or have heard of a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still happens with an empty FLA

how do i free space on my drive. and how do i check my drive space? Sorry for the noob questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The File Explorer should show you what drive space there is. Or Alt-double-click on the C drive.

You could read articles like this one:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17421/windows-free-up-drive-space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[i think 2gb is the minimum to install animate, but i would expect problems with 2gb unless every other process on the computer is terminated so 3gb is more realistic and should work with very simple fla files.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you first said Premiere was crashing. Is it really just Animate, or are both apps crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i meant adobe animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to the messages here, so I get to see messages before you've had a chance to edit!

When you look at your C drive space, is there much left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines