Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2017 lags wtih everything...not only on the preview

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

My problem is that yesterday, After Effects (2017) started suddenly to lag massively and I'm not speaking only for the RAM Preview. It happens with everything: pushing buttons, duplicating a layer, opening a comp.

The projects that I'm working on are not that complex and the PC specs are pretty high (64gb RAM, 1700 Ryzen, nVIDIA 1080 Ti). Anyway, everything was just fine before yesterday. Besides clearing the cache folders I don't have any ideas.

One thing that changed though is that I've installed the plugin Animation Composer. On one of the two projects that I'm currently working right now, I've used the plugin for some animations. Yesterday I needed it again so when I've opened Animation composer, AE started to lag more and more as I interacted with the plugin (just by opening it up for ex. or move the plugin panel around). And of course when I've tried to apply an animation, AE crashed. I then open up another project (without Animation Composer animations in it) and the same lagginess is present. Is it possible that the plugin has something to do with it? Have any ideas?

Thank you for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mihneaa84276290  wrote

Is it possible that the plugin has something to do with it? Have any ideas?

Yes. Try uninstalling it and see if all goes back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did nothing It drives me crazy..its just s simple, stupid project and i can't finish it. Any other ideas? please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just guessing:

Try System Restore or Time Machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MihneaA,

Are you still experiencing this performance issue? Please let us know if you still need help or if you solved the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines