• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Quizzes not reporting lesson status

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Captivate to create a quiz and have the status reported as, well, anything.

I have tried using both Scorm 1.2 and Scorm 2004 and upon completing the quiz, the score is stored but the lesson status is never reported. Other scorm compliant courses we have used end up with passed or failed or incomplete/complete being reported when you get to the end. The ones I am making in Captivate do not do that and therefore when you take the quiz, pass or fail, your status in the LMS is never updated to the appropriate status.

I have tried everything in the quiz preferences to get this to work but it just doesn't. What am I missing? It isn't our LMS as other courses that are Scorm compliant do this correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

What you are describing is that the API is not found and never initialized. The way an LMS is initialized is to set the value of cmi.core.lesson_status to "incomplete" and then read the value. If it returns incomplete then communication both ways is successful.

If it does find the API, I've never seen the initialize NOT happen. So I think that it is not finding the API.

Depending on the LMS and how the SCO is launched, this could be an issue. We use Blackboard currently and they released an update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to upload to SCORM Cloud for testing? That is the best way to detect if it is due to the LMS or to the Captivate settings.

Please mention the version you are using (full version number) as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ver 10.0.0.192 2017 release

It isn't the LMS. I can step through the entire thing as it is running and cmi.core.lesson_status is NEVER reported. I can also look in the data table that stores all the scorm interactions and data and that is never stored. it is never even attempted to be stored.

It is for all other courses we have used and tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you test in SCORM Cloud please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing is that the API is not found and never initialized. The way an LMS is initialized is to set the value of cmi.core.lesson_status to "incomplete" and then read the value. If it returns incomplete then communication both ways is successful.

If it does find the API, I've never seen the initialize NOT happen. So I think that it is not finding the API.

Depending on the LMS and how the SCO is launched, this could be an issue. We use Blackboard currently and they released an update that broke a bunch of courses that launch in a separate window. If we used the setting to wrap the window with API it broke.

onEnter of the first slide you can execute this JavaScript to see if the API is available:

alert(window.SCORM_objAPI); It should return "API" or not an empty string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TCL thank you for reminding me about launch data during the init phase.

It was loaded...kind of...as I was using the course in our LMS for testing something else before I changed the content over to the Captivate course. After clearing out all my student record information for the course and re-registering and what not it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know which LMS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources