Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile IOS is not uploading or extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got a library of RAW images on my iPad. coming back home from my vacation I'd like these to be synchronised to my Mac.

It is about 2400 pictures. It's been 3 days now and the upload still has not finished. Actually since yesterday it is not uploading anymore at all.

It's still missing 722 pictures. The upload has always been extremely slow, sometimes not moving for several hours.

I really like the workflow of saving my pictures on the iPad while I'm travelling, to review and sort them and do some basic development. but if the upload to the Mac is not working afterwords the entire workflow is broken.

any ideas what can be done?

regards,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to force restart Lr Mobile? Let me know if the upload proceeds

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helps

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guido,

yes, I have certeinaly done this. I have even restarted the iPad. no Improvement.

Regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of RAW images are you trying to upload? From which camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are coming from a Canon 5DS. I have loaded them to the iPad using the camera connection kit and then imported them into LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.  Is the uploading count going down or stuck forever.

Could you send us a diagnostic log which you can trigger via Lr Mobile accounts settings. Please add the forum-link to the log-mail

Thanks

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is stuck forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might sound awkward; does it help if you set the device in flight mode and back again?

thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've done all sorts of stuff. on/off, restart the device. connect different WIFI networks, and yes also the flight mode.

Meanwhile I have given up cause I needed to start working on my pictures.

the bad thing is that I had lost all my editing and selection that I had done while travelling and had to start with the pure images that I fortunately still had on the memory cards.

It was my dream to be travelling without a big and heavy computer. just the iPad with lots of capacity (512Gb).

Every nights check the pictures, deselect the really bad ones and start play around a bit (the real post production can still only happen on the desktop).

I will try again on my next job and really hope that this was a one off incident.

on my last job the upload also took a lot of time. It was just 200 pictures but still it took several hours. at least it worked!

Regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines