• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf files opening in IE

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why my pdf files are now opening in IE, instead of the pdf reader format. How can I get them back to opening in the reader format?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joyc22461577,

As per the issue description, your pdf files are opening in Internet Explorer instead of Acrobat Reader, is that correct?

Could you please try following the steps mentioned in the link below (applies to Windows 7 as well)?

Associate PDF files to always open in Acrobat or Reader on Windows 10

Keep us posted with the results.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im glad that helped the person who asked this question initially, im having the same issue but I've pretty much tried everything including the suggestion above.

So far I have tried:

Checking file associations of PDF with Acrobat
Disabling all Extensions from browser (IE)
Within Adobe Acrobat and according to suggestions making sure that pdf files open only with Acrobat

Kinda stuck now.

Any suggestions as the adobe support just told me to come here as they couldnt help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines