• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

California Wineries Destroyed

Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least some of these places won't be able to produce wine again for some number of years... especially if the vines were burned

Boiling river of wine flows through burned down California winery | Fox News

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no doubt that the Northern California wineries were hit hard.  This time of year though, many have already bottled and cased much of their inventory and moved it offsite for shipping or to underground storage cellars.   The real tragedy is how many lives, homes and other businesses were lost throughout the entire region.  Not just Napa but Santa Rosa, Sonoma, Callistoga and all points in between.  Vast populated areas are completely gone.  There's almost no infrastructure remaining & very few places for people to go.  It's almost like what happened in Puerto Rico only with fire instead of water. 

2017 has been a horrible year.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From east coast, west coast and the islands- yes 2017 has been a horrible year and we are not done with 2017 yet but hopefully this is all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locally (across the Columbia river in Oregon) a stupid/careless teen started a big fire Fate Of Teen Suspected In Eagle Creek Fire Depends On Charges, Investigation . News | OPB with no report, yet, on if he will be charged with anything

I don't know what started the fires in California, but they were in densely populated areas, not a forest, so the damage is going to cost a LOT more to fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

I don't know what started the fires in California, but they were in densely populated areas, not a forest, so the damage is going to cost a LOT more to fix

The No Cal fire storm was powered by severe Diablo winds.  In those conditions, static charged particles hit a dry hillside and boom -- instant fire.  In So Cal, we call them Santa Ana winds  but there's nothing saintly about 'em.  

Because I live in a fire-prone area, I feel anybody who intentionally sets a fire deserves a long prison sentence.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nancy, Kat, John and all,

The whole situation is heartbreaking! A news story (on CBS?) said that that the fires may have been started by faulty power lines, and then fueled by the Diablo winds. This is being investigated. The raging fire that happened in east San Diego county some years ago was started by sparking electrical wires. Apparently SDGE has made improvements to their infrastructure since.

We are keeping good thoughts for friends in the Sonoma and Mendocino areas and everyone else affected by the fires!
Best wishes, Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching on CNN is heartbreaking and prayers are sent. Years ago I read "Natures End" - authors have eluded my mind but whenever I see this in real time my thoughts travel to this book...

This country has seen more devastation this year than I can ever remember. Pray it concludes soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm not here, I spend time lurking on my favorite California Wine forums.  One guy recently reported that his house in Napa is gone.  Needless to say, his entire wine collection melted. His mother's house in another town is gone.  His brother's house is gone.  His sister's house in yet another town is gone.  His place of work is gone.   Where do you go when your entire family has lost everything?  And that's just one catastrophic story among thousands.   Words can't begin to describe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One cannot imagine- one has to be there and this is another 2017 nightmare for America. But having family alive and connected is worth more than physical objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kat,

"One cannot imagine- one has to be there and this is another 2017 nightmare for America. But having family alive and connected is worth more than physical objects."

So true! Hug your loved ones close!

We're keeping positive thoughts and prayers for those affected by the fires.

Best wishes,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true... the only thing left is the plague of Locusts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je-suis-Charlie_Brown-250x.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@
gener7

So sad!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap  wrote

the only thing left is the plague of Locusts. 

And frog rain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharknado !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the video I've seen of the destruction is genuinely shocking--the only thing similar I've seen before was when much of Ft. McMurray was destroyed up in Canada.

I was about to say how worried I was about fires down here in Australia--it's only spring here but, due to a dry winter, the fire risk was already high.  However, since this topic was started, we've had almost constant rain (at least here in Queensland) with another 3 days forecast.  I've never been so happy to see rain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The No California fires are now officially categorized as the worst disaster in California's history, surpassing  the 1906 San Francisco earthquake &  fires.

This Google Map shows how widespread the fire zone is (as far north as Grant's Pass).

NorCal Fires | Google Crisis Map

You can send us all the rain you want, Bob .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is happening at the moment is appalling, in Europe also there were more than 30 dead yesterday in Spain and Portugal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today in the East Bay, across from San Francisco, I could not see the Golden Gate Bridge as I'm used to seeing. The sun looks like a red globe as it sets.

The Air Quality Index is 155 from the smoke of the fires heading south. This website gives a better idea: AirNow

You can see the smoke trial via the GOES 16 satellite.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 5.06.08 PM.png

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the website hosting GOES imagery if you'd like a wider view.

RAMMB/CIRA SLIDER: Satellite Loop Interactive Data Explorer in Real-time with GOES-16 and Himawari-8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines