• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe TCS 2017 - Is Adobe CC required to be installed?

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licensed version of Adobe TCS 2017. I noticed that for some reason Adobe CC keeps crashing resulting in the system freezing.

Is Adobe CC required when working with RH, FM, Presenter, Captivate? can we uninstall Adobe CC and still work normally with Adobe TCS?

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that RH & FM aren't part of the CC, but I'm not sure about Presenter, Captivate & Acrobat - you could always give it a try & see if there's any impact and if so, install it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. Acrobat just updated and is now requiring a serial number. I wonder if it updated the wrong version of the Acrobat update. I cannot create PDF files from Frame any longer 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally managed to reinstall Acrobat DC from my TCS 2017 installer. I can't swear to it, but it appears the reason installation of Acrobat from the TCS installer failed before is that I didn't check the "Remove Preferences" box on uninstall, which means there were artifacts (in the Registry and perhaps elsewhere) that looked like Acrobat was still installed. The following steps worked for me:

1. Use the TCS 2017 Installer to uninstalling Acrobat DC only, and be sure to check the Remove Preferences box.

2. Restart when finished.

3. Use the TCS 2017 Installer to re-install Acrobat DC.

Hope it works for you. I guess I will always choose "Remove Preferences" when I uninstall anything frrom now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with TCS 2017, starting a day or two ago. When I tried to make a PDF from FrameMaker, I got a message about my license expiring or some other issue preventing the action. I've run the license cleaner, I've uninstalled and *attempted* to reinstall Acrobat from the TCS 2017 installer -- no luck. The installer gets to about 19% complete and then pops to 99% complete and claims to be finished. But no Acrobat. I did it with Run as administrator -- no difference. I uninstalled Acrobat Reader -- no difference.

I'm guessing something happened in the Registry during one of the upgrades that messed this up, but I'm not sure exactly what, and short of going through the total pain of uninstalling all of TCS 2017 and then reinstalling it from scratch, I don't have any other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe Support - install issues are usually a free call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have called them before with install issues. I don't find them helpful, and it usually means wasting 2 hours on the phone answering "did you turn it on and off" type questions. Hoping the community has some insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines