Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom SDK: Stack operations

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to create stack from plugin using Lightroom SDK and based on API reference there's no way to do that, so is there really no way to do that or I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

The SDK only allows stacks to be created when photos are added to the catalog with catalog:addPhoto(). Unfortunately, there is no way to manipulate stacks of existing photos.  Please add your me-too vote and details why you want this to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom SDK: stack ops | Photoshop Family Customer Community

As a workaround, you could stuff keystrokes to the user interface using Auto Hotkey or Keyboard Maestro, but that tends to be very fragile an

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Lightroom SDK​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK only allows stacks to be created when photos are added to the catalog with catalog:addPhoto(). Unfortunately, there is no way to manipulate stacks of existing photos.  Please add your me-too vote and details why you want this to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom SDK: stack ops | Photoshop Family Customer Community

As a workaround, you could stuff keystrokes to the user interface using Auto Hotkey or Keyboard Maestro, but that tends to be very fragile and platform-dependent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately it's not applicable in my case - I have no sure the use would have the collection I want to create stacks in open. So hope the feature request you mentioned would finally be implemented.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no sure the use would have the collection I want to create stacks in open.

You could use catalog:setActiveSources () to select the desired collection, then use catalog:setTargetPhotos() to select the desired photos, then stuff keystrokes to put the photos in a stack.  But even then, there are lots of opportunities for that to fail unless you're very careful, and even then, it can be difficult to make it work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, but I believe user could perform any operations while my plugin is working so it's not a good option I believe.

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

user could perform any operations while my plugin is working

Right, that's one of several reasons why keyboard stuffing is fragile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please give us this feature. Can't be that problem, when the function is already implemented in the context menu.

I need it to group my HDR images as stacks. The time tool stack to much or to less ... 0/-1/+1 ... or just give me this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe product developers won't see your feedback here. Please add details about why you want this feature to this request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom SDK: stack ops | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. Adobe developers read everything posted in that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines