• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant open the project

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on an animation for a week. I opened it yesterday and everything was fine. I saved it, after that I closed Adobe Animate and turned off my computer. So today I opened the same project and for some reason I cant open it: A javascript error occurred, the project can't be opened.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

then you have a corrupted fla.

there's nothing that's likely to fix that.  you can try the following but i've never seen it work:

rename the fla to a rar>use winrar to repair it>rename the repaired file to a fla>try to open in animate.

you can also unrar the renamed file and recover some assets (sometimes).

but most likely this will be a learning experience: always save production files (whether created by animate or otherwise) with increasing version names and 10 to 30 minutes to prevent the total

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you open animate?

can you open a different fla?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open animate and a different fla. There is just an error with that single fla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you have a corrupted fla.

there's nothing that's likely to fix that.  you can try the following but i've never seen it work:

rename the fla to a rar>use winrar to repair it>rename the repaired file to a fla>try to open in animate.

you can also unrar the renamed file and recover some assets (sometimes).

but most likely this will be a learning experience: always save production files (whether created by animate or otherwise) with increasing version names and 10 to 30 minutes to prevent the total loss of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS WORKED I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm surprised that worked it's such an unlikely-to-succeed manuever, but you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines