• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector Mask Problems

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a particularly vexing problem that popped up recently, hope someone can help. I have a client image with a path for the exterior of their product. I am using a vector mask to Free Transform the image and the path simultaneously, so that I may straighten the verticals of the product that was photographed from above. I then put the product on a new layer via cut, floating it over a white layer and then change the path to a clipping path. After successfully transforming 6 images, suddenly the last three images will not correctly transform the image and vector path simultaneously! Aargh! I often use keyboard shortcuts, etc... to change tools and perform different often performed operations, which I suspect I may have changed some setting by hitting a wrong combination that affects the Free Transform of the image and the Vector Mask. Unfortunately, myself and some serious PS peeps I know have no idea what it is. Any ideas?

Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 x64 on Mac os X El Capitan 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you believe you may have changed the KB shortcuts, you can choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Ensure you have the Default Shortcuts set selected.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Layer and Vector Mask linked, is a Selection active, …?

And once again: Please post a meaningful screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 4.34.27 PM.png

Maybe not easy to see is that after making a vector mask I Select All, then Free Transform. When it works correctly the Free Transform gives me the corners of the entire image, now it just gives me the machine (as pictured) and it only moves the path itself, not the path and the machine that the path encompasses. Hope this is what you are looking to see, and thank you for your attention!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And deselect the Vector Mask in the Paths Panel, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately if I deselect the layer I am not offered Free Transform, if I deselect the vector mask, the machine moves but then I do not have a path that is around the machine. Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not say to deselect the Layer, deselect the Selection!

Select > Deselect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines