• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building a pc for Premier pro

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I am intending on getting a pc built for premiere pro and would like to ask what kind of detailed specs i should be looking into in order to get the best build i can afford (BUDGET around £1000). so what sort of graphics card/motherboard etc I am looking for a general to semi kind of set up as my work is mainly documentaries/events some short film etc but not really any major special effected,motion graphic based etc or anything high end. THANKS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my minimal Super system suggestion, You can trim if you need to as the is USD $1670 or £1261 if my conversions are correct

CPURyzen 7-1700X$360
MBASUS PRIME X370-A $130
RAM32 GB DDR4-2666$330
SSD-1250 GB Samsung 850 EVO$100
SSD-2500 GB Samsung 960 EVO $240
HeatsinkCoolermaster Hyper 212 EVO$30
Second Fan$15
GPUGTX 1060 6GB SC$265
Case and PS $200
$1,670

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question and happy I found this...
I'm also busy with building a few machines for both Premier and Resolve (2 separate machines) and have a total budget of around $3500 per machine.
Must be Intel i7 and I need to add a few other things on it also.

So basically looking for the best spec machine for around $2500 maximum....

Also need to decide between the nVidia 1080Ti 11GB and the Quadro P2000 5GB????

Any help with a great spec machine would be appreciated....

Cheers

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick preliminary comments.

1. I know nothing about Resolve.
  2. I would never consider that Quadro card for any Premiere application unless you are going have a very expensive 10-bit monitor. and then it is two puny for even that.  In our dear departed Harm's words, comparing a GTX 1080 Ti to a Quadro P2000, that is like comparing a Ferrari 458 to a Volkswagen Beetle
  3. Notice, I do not consider hard disk drives in any basic configuration they of course can be added but only for backup and archiving.
  4. Maybe I should figure out a way to get paid for this so I can keep buying and testing new technology..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Gehrke  wrote

1. Maybe I should figure out a way to get paid for this so I can keep buying and testing new technology..

You should try your hand at being a freelance writer for computer magazines.  Companies will sometimes lend hardware for testing purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here is approximately $2500 configuration for a production facility where the first one was a personal configuration and this is a terrible configuration but to meet your budget and provide a GTX 1080 TI with an Intel processor It was sacrificing a lot\

CPUi7-7800X 6-cores 4.0 GHz Turbo$380
MBASUS PRIME X299-A$310
RAM32 GB  DDR4-2666$330
GPUGTX 1080 Ti$770
SSD1250 GB Samsung 850 EVO--Boot$100
SSD21 TB GB Samsung 960 EVO--Project/Media$470
HeatsinkCoolermaster Masterair Pro 4$45
Second Fan$15
Case & PS850 Watt Gold$220
$2,640

This is like using an old Chevy 6-cylinder inline engine and supercharging it (the 6-core Intel with the GTX 1080 Ti).  The is not a balanced system, and it is low on memory for a production system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not consider the Quadro P2000 unless you're going to be running other workstation apps that require it for optimal performance and/or quality. You see, the Quadro P2000 is actually only about 80 percent of a GeForce GTX 1060 (GPU-wise), with only 1024 CUDA cores and only a 160-bit GDDR5 memory bus with a throughput of only 160 GB/second (versus 1280 CUDA cores and a 192-bit GDDR5 memory bus with a throughput of 216 GB/second for recent 6GB versions of the GTX 1060).

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Bill Gehrke stated, you will have to make severe sacrifices to your planned build in order to accommodate both an Intel CPU and a higher-end Nvidia GPU. Either you get a powerful CPU but a less-than-sufficient GPU or a powerful GPU but a weakling CPU. And all this is because memory (both RAM and NAND flash) prices right now are through the roof, being much more expensive than it was two years ago.

And I would definitely not go with a combination of an i7-7820X with only 16GB total of RAM and only a GeForce GTX 1050 card with only 2GB of VRAM. This configuration, too, is very imbalanced. But that's all that I could fit into that $2,500 budget without making severe sacrifices on the disks and the power supply. (Likewise for the combination of that GTX 1080 Ti but only a quad-core i7-7700K and 16 to 32 GB of system RAM: It is very imbalanced as well.)

In other words, you're pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place, in terms of the permissible hardware combinations for that budget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks very much for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines