• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to RemoveTabe Cell Borders

Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to present a small table (2 cols x 9 rows) without any lines. In Table Setup I set the Body Border weight to zero. However, I have forgotten how to 'zero-out' the cell borders. That option does not appear (or at least, I cannot find it) under Table | 'Table Options' or Table | Cell Options.

With thanks in advance,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

It's in Table > Cell Options > Strokes & Fills. When you see all the borders selected in the proxy that represents cell borders, set the Stroke weight to 0 pt.

InDesign CC048.png

If I set the Cell Fill to Yellow, here's what it looks like:

InDesign CC049.png

The blue lines are just cell edges. If you choose to Hide Edges, you'll just see the yellow cells.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in Table > Cell Options > Strokes & Fills. When you see all the borders selected in the proxy that represents cell borders, set the Stroke weight to 0 pt.

InDesign CC048.png

If I set the Cell Fill to Yellow, here's what it looks like:

InDesign CC049.png

The blue lines are just cell edges. If you choose to Hide Edges, you'll just see the yellow cells.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but nothing is working for me under ‘Strokes and Fills’. The weight is already zero. When I changed the weight to 10, nothing happened; proxies your border weights it did not change. I’m not sure what’s happening here

[Personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're sure you have the cells selected with the Type tool? Only the Type tool works with table cells. Notice in my first illustration, the cells are all selected. They turn black (inverse) to indicate selection.

If for some reason that doesn't work, try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, and you are right, I had neglected to select the cells that I wanted to refor at. That would explain why there was no change.

In the meantime, I looked further at my table by magnifying the view, and found some anomalies, so that my best course of action was to delete and re-create the table, which is now what I am in the process of doing.

Many thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

Text to: (706) 974-6049

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines