• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't my Photoshop size change when I change it in the settings of Windows 10?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't my Photoshop size change when I change it in the settings of Windows 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop , what specific windows settings , what do you mean by Photoshop size change? Without further detail - we can't be much help.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dave

I have Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium. I’m operating a Surface Pro with Windows 10 on it.

Let me know if there is a patch for it to work.

Thanks

Mike

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS6 is legacy software, released back in 2012. It is no longer sold and it will not be patched or updated.

You can take a look through this thread where users have tried fixes outside of Photoshop. It may help you :

Re: Photoshop CS6 Menus and Icons too small on Windows 8.1 with 4K UHD display

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dave

Thanks that was what it needed.

I’m a little disappointed with Adobe not supporting it’s old software, if 5 years can be considered old.

Windows 10 was launched in 2015 and my Production Premium software was 2012, so could you imagine if you bought a car and 3 years later the company said, sorry we don’t service that anymore, you’ll have to buy a new one. What do you think would happen to their customer loyalty, especially as Infinity Photo is out their nipping at our heels, along with Magix etc.

My CS6 Production Premium, my CS 4 Design Premium, and my Premiere Elements 15 weren’t cheap, and when added together would be about the same price as a 5 year old car!

Yours Sincerely

Mike Allen

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

We have to remember that CS6 was effectively Photoshop version 13  - the current version CC2017.1.1 is effectively Photoshop 18.1.1 So that is five main versions, not counting the dot versions in between.

CS6 still works on Windows 10 (I have it working here) . What it doesn't do is take advantage of small but hi res screens - which were really just coming in for MACs (retina screens) when it was written.

The best advice , if some decides to freeze their software in time, is also to freeze their hardware and OS with it.  If not, at some stage one of three is going to get out of step with the others and cause issues. You have hit it with a hi res screen and CS6 , but as a more extreme example Photoshop 7.0 cannot see more than 1TB disk space. Those large disks were just not around when it was written and released.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines