• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC "Preview Renders" take forever with new Ryzen 1700x!!! Need help

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it take so long to "Preview Render" parts of my timeline? I just built a new system and it still sucks.

I have to wait upwards of 10 minutes to see some clips in real time with minimal effects. Even some raw clips without effects are jumpy at 1/4 resolution (both 1080 and 4k clips).

During preview renders my cpu is around 30%-80% and RAM is only at 30% and all temps are on spec

I'm a semi-professional video editor and really thought this new system would crush my mid level editing needs.

Am I wrong?

Ryzen 1700x

Crucial SSS 500gb

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 O8GB Dual-fan OC Edition 4K/VR Ready Dual HDMI DP 1.4

ASUS Prime B350-Plus

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Creative Suites (CS6 & earlier) forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you want to check your system performance with Premiere Pro hardware intensive tests with my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) I will try to help you.

I do hope you have more storage than that single 500 GB SATA III SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thanks. I really appreciate the help. Yes, I have (2) 2tb HDD for storage plus multiple externals. I just downloaded your zip file. A bit confused on just how to proceed. Could you briefly give me a explanation of the testing process from my side. Also, the read me file has specs for cs6 up to 10.3, but I'm using CC. Do you recommend any particular files to run?

Side note. Am i the only 1 not using proxy files to edit. It seems that I'm the only 1 having my particular issue, but I don't hear/see editors online talking about "Proxies" that much. They have similar rigs as mine and they talk about how great and smooth their workflow is. Some say proxies will help speed up editing on slower (older) systems, but that would negate the need to have this new Ryzen system.

Thanks again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just unzip yhe file to where you run your Premiere Pro projects and open the 11 version of the project.  The timelines are self instructing on the first frame(s).  When you are done with the four exports run the Statistics version 11 script to get the timing information and then Submit the Output.csv file and the requested Speccy file

I have not used proxy files yet asll my media works well on this laptop and of course I have a much more powerful desktop also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines