• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message after having upgraded from LR 5.4 to 5.7.1 I upgraded to be able to import Sony RAW files from the a7R-II camera. My

computer does not have the Adobe Application Manager, and I cant't find it on Adobe's site. This is not a trial version, as it states in the error message.

I'm using OS X 10.8.5 and don't have a subscription version of LR or PS. This was a stand alone version. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have installed the Lightroom CC Trial application. Are you running a 32 bit Mac OS system?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Application manager can be found here: Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager : Thank You

LR 5.7 is a perpetual license. Normally you do not need the application manager. But if you had, by chance, trial software installed (or you have a CC product), the application manager is installed and wants to manage your install.

In an other forum entry following the steps as described here helped (that user was also using 5.7): How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Here is the link to the forum entry: Lightroom 5 on new computer

You may also follow this trail: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using OS X 10.8.5 as stated in the opening.

The upgrade was initiated from within LR 5.4, not from the site. I don't want the subscription version,

but the perpetual version. Is 5.7.1 the subscription version?

I did move the older version, 5.4, to another folder to prevent LR from overwriting my known good version, just in case.

Perhaps it installed the trial because it did not see a working version?

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no doubt that you need to have the perpetual license version.

What we were saying was that according to the error message you gave, the software thinks to be on a subscription mode.

Your operation to MOVE and not to COPY the older version may have triggered the problem. The question is: Can you start Lr 5.4?

If so, I would COPY Lr 5.4 (to get some protection against overwriting) and start the upgrade again. If you cannot start Lr 5.4 remove 5.7 move or copy 5.4 to the original location and try that out. If it works, install the upgrade again.

I have no idea if that works, but I would try it out. It can't get worse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version that was downloaded, I'm sure, was the subscription version. What is odd is, the download was generated within

the paid version. It's as though it was converted to subscription. The Adobe application manager software doesn't even exist

on my computer.

I can use 5.4, it works. I'm glad that I moved it, otherwise I might not have had a working copy at all.

I thought of the same thing, and will try it today.

I guess that there is no way to actually contact Adobe these days? They leave it up to the community to solve their customer's

issues? How brilliant, and frustrating at the same time.

Thanks, Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several issues here that need to be addressed. Please note that these are my own findings, as I‘m not an employee nor otherwise connected to Adobe, except that Adobe granted the ACP status to me:

• There is no such thing as a subscription version of Lr 5.X. As it is true that if you have a CC subscription, that you may install Lr 5.7, 5.7 is for licensed users perpetual. If you have a serial, it will work as perpetual. However, the problem you have may well be solved by following the instructions for a licensed Lr6 version, converted from a Lr CC2015 trial version. This has helped other users.
  • Adobe will not do support for Lr 5.X anymore as the support for this product has been retired. Adobe, as any other company, cannot assure complete support for all their obsolete products in all situations. But Adobe does not let users of their products alone in the cold water. Adobe finances this forums and there are very knowledgable people here giving you support for free. It’s more you will get for your car.
  • Adobe still assumes some support for licensing issues. So, you may well fall in that category. I’m not qualified to make any assumptions on what Adobe will provide to you as support. But I know that this implies that you are installing the product as described and intended. I assume that moving the old version is not as it should be. I can imagine that the Lr upgrade procedure relies on some conventions. If you want to upgrade, the installer needs to find some data at specified places. The correct way to secure your current situation is by doing a backup and restoring in case of problems.

Try correcting the installation, so that the upgrade works as intended. Please let us know about the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now things are getting really weird. I've put back a copy of 5.4 in its original place. Upgraded using the installer that

they provide, and I still get this message:

"Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from

http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager."

The really odd thing is it upgraded the 5.4 version that i hid away on another folder called "older versions". It left the one

in the applications folder in tact. It won't even open the software to allow me to enter my license key.

Does anyone know how to get to version 5.7.1 from 5.4? Or is it that I can't get there form here?

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Does anyone know how to get to version 5.7.1 from 5.4? Or is it that I can't get there form here?"

Check the link below.

Update information for older versions of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been down that path, and get the same results.

Every download I try gives me the same disk image: Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg"

And when you run the file describe what happens.

Does it complete as expected?

Do you get an error message?

Are you installing to the default location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upgrade from LR 5.4 to 5.7.1 I downloaded the installer from within 5.4

and it installs 5.7.1  But when I run 5.7.1 I get the following message:

"Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

When I try the link listed in that message, there is no such application on that page.

5.7.1 installs, but I get the message shown above when launching it.

the download gave me this disk image: Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so you have LR 5.7.1 installed but it appears to be linked to CC, see if the info in the following article can help you input your LR 5 stand alone serial number. It refers to changing Lightroom CC 2015 from the cloud version to the stand alone application for LR 6 but maybe the same process will allow you to change the LR 5.7.1 version.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I won't be able to do anything from within the app, because it won't run.

5.7.1, that is.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's installed why does it not run? Do you get an error message when you try to boot the application? What does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below was provided by Abambo in post 2 in this thread, have you tried the out.

Lightroom 5 on new computer

See the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 5.14.43 AM.png

You may have to contact Adobe support direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step three seems a little odd: Remove Adobe Lightroom (5.7.1 from web) ? From web? Not sure what to make of that.

My copy is licensed. I was on the chat with Adobe last night for two hours, and still nothing. They transferred me to

their technical "expert", but he simply had me do the same things the first guy told me to do. They told me to come

here to these forums and that the experts here would "revert" me. Not sure that that means, exactly.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 has been downloaded from the Adobe web site. Lr 5 had been delivered on a  disk.

So you could read:

1. install latest application manager
  2. uninstall the application manager (installed in step 1)
  3. uninstall 5.7.1
  4. install 5.0
  5. license 5.0
  6. apply the upgrade to 5.7.1 (and that upgrade has been downloaded from the Adobe website).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm willing to try that. Why not!

I've installed the application manager last night during live chat with adobe--2 hours of my life wasted (but that's another story).

I have a .dmg of LR 5.2 and a license. That should work?

I'll try this, but I don't see how uninstalling the app. manager--or installing it in the first place--should do any good. But, I'll go

along with it for now.

If this doesn't work, I may have to start looking at alternatives to LR. What a shame, I really like the program.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing creates a known environment, overwriting anything bad that could be left over. Uninstalling removes then that environment and software. It's weird but it could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines