• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print from Adobe. Says no pages selected

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of sudden I can no longer print PDF documents.  Keeps on saying "there were no pages selected".  I have uninstalled adobe and reinstalled, restarted the computer, etc

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

May I know the application that you are using to Print the PDF file. Also please mention printer make and model.

Please try the following:

Solution 1:

Open the PDF file in Acrobat/Reader.

Choose File > Print.

Click Advanced button in the Print dialog box.

In the resulting Advanced Print Setup dialog box, select Print As Image and click OK.

Solution 2:

Close Acrobat/Reader.

Choose Start > Run and type %APPDATA%\Adobe\Acrobat\ in the Open text box. Click OK.

Right-click the version folder (for example: 11.0 or DC) and choose Delete.

Start Acrobat/Reader and print.

Note: Acrobat preference files contain application settings such as toolbar arrangements. Once Acrobat is restarted, new preferences will be created automatically based on application defaults. Deleting preference files will not result in the loss of saved documents.

Solution 3:

To see if there are multiple documents stuck in the printer queue and delete them:

Close Acrobat/Reader.

Click Start > Devices & Printers

Double-click the printer you are attempting to print to.

If there are documents in the queue, choose File > Cancel All Documents. It maybe necessary to restart your computer after choosing this option.

Start Acrobat/Reader and print.

Solution 4:

Go to Edit > Preferences

Under categories click on Security (Enhanced)

Try temporarily turning off Protected View (Acrobat)

Uncheck Enable Protected Mode at startup (Reader)

Solution 5:

Go to Edit > Preferences

Under categories click on Documents

From PDF/A View Mode drop down on the right select 'Never'

Click Ok. Restart Acrobat/Reader and print.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am suddenly unable to print any PDF files, including ones I have previously printed. It is not a printer issue since I can print other file types to different printers with no problems. The computer is using 64 bit Windows 7. Initially I was using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I uninstalled that using the uninstall process of Windows 7. I tried to down load a new copy of Acrobat Reader DC but it was an unsuccessful install. I then down loaded from Adobe Acrobat 10. That exhibits the same problem of "no page selected". When I call for a print and get the printer page the 'button' for ALL is not grayed out but the buttons for Current Page and Pages are grayed out. These are NOT grayed out when calling for a print for other type files such as DOCx, DOC, XLSx, etc. and they print just fine. I have moved some PDF files to my wife's computer and they print just fine. I have used Windows System Restore to back up one level of Windows updates and that has not provided any fix.

The ability to print PDF files is a MUST HAVE feature and I am becoming VERY FRUSTRATED that none of the suggestions I have found, including those you offered to Scott work.

PLEASE help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much for any assistance you or others can provide to resolve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are now working. I opened Help, went to repair instillation. That did not fix the problem. I then went to Check for updates. It came back that no updates are available but opening a previously unprintable PDF file now prints. This has only occupied about 6 hours of my time including several of lost sleep in the process. Not a happy camper about that but at least I can once again print PDF files. Perhaps my floundering approach may help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Brother MFC printer.  None of the suggestions work.  I have had to download another PDF reader and I now have PDF printing.  Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I would like to know whether printer drivers are updated. Also was this working for you earlier?

Please check on Brother's website for the latest PS drivers for your machine.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Yes my Brother machine has been updated.  That was my first port of call.  And yes the printing had been working fine for about 4 months, since I got this new computer. And with my old computer the printing never missed a beat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last solution worked for me, this rocks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That suggestion did not work. It still prevents me from printing any document with the same error.

The easiest solution is to right-click on the file, then "open with" Microsoft Word. It nicely opens though it may not be the exact same way adobe would display it. Then print. Microsoft word reliably prints it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround (perhaps only for Windows, IDK) that worked for me, the only solution that I could follow the steps and, voila, print.

To wit:

If you are dealing with this error message, and you are using Acrobat or Reader on Windows, there is a simple workaround. This is not a fix, and does come at a price, but at least it will allow you to print:

Open up Acrobat’s (or Reader’s) preferences (Edit>Preferences or Edit>Preferences>General), then select the “Security (Enhanced)” category.

Now deselect the setting “Enable Protected Mode at Startup” and restart the application.

If this does not work, try to set “Protected View” to “Off”.

This information is from khkonsulting.com/2014/10/pages-selected-print-error/
BTW, this thread that has gone on for years without Adobe having interest in helping and/or passing the buck to someone else ... yeah, I really don't think much of the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, and found the culprit - I believe.

When I opened a PDF that is an image, and tried to print it with "Print as Image" selected, I got the error above.

When I deselected "Print as Image" it would print as expected...

Agnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Version

Build: 18.11.20038.267465

And now I get this problem.

The solutions above do not seem to apply since many of the menus no longer have these configurations.

Did I screw up getting the latest build?

eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks  Scott your solution 1 worked wonders and I was able to print thank you very much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick fix (works on macbook 100% and maybe windows too): right click on the doc and open it in preview mode. Print! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines