• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Engine won't initialize (I Know that this has been asked before)

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop PS6 Extended with Win 10. Everything was fine until Photoshop was accidently uninstalled. A clean reinstall was done but the text tool will not initialize. Looking at the blog for one version of Photoshop it was suggested to change to Middle Eastern from East Asian fonts. This did not help.  Doing a clean boot did not help. Resetting the Text tool did not help. There is a suggestion to remove fonts since some may be broken. I have removed some. Some are protected by Windows and everything worked fine before the uninstall. I have a 64 bit OS but this problem occurs with both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the program. Any Suggestions??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeromes,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums.

Though you have worked out couple of solutions offered online, did you came across this article Text Engine error using type tool in Photoshop CC in Windows 8 suggesting removing the font cache entries?

Also, try out the solutions 6 and above listed in this article Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5 and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm having the same problems as OP, though I'm using PSE 11.  I have tried your solutions above, though none of the files you suggest deleting exist on my system.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  My OS is WIN10 Home.

Thanks,

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruce,

I would suggest you to post your issue on our Photoshop Elements​ forums.

Experts there will help you.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines