Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Force products to be added to the Most Viewed list

Level 2

Hi -  I am creating a recommendations component to display products on my homepage. I am using the 'most viewed' algorithm. Unfortunately, my site does not get a lot of traffic. Because of that, recs are not being displayed. My question is --- is there a way to manually force products to be added to the most popular list or adjust the threshold for a product to be called most popular like decrease the product view requirement to 0 or 1?

Thanks! @

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for your question!

Yes, there are several ways of forcing a product to be displayed as a recommendation despite your site not getting a lot of traffic:

1. Promotions

2. Criteria Sequencing with two criteria: (1) Custom Criteria and (2) Popularity, Most Viewed

3. Single Custom Criteria that combines or blends products into the results of Popularity, Most Viewed. This can be done by downloading a CSV for an activity that uses Popularity, Most Viewed.

4. Attribute weighing (setting a customer entity.attribute such as  `entity.boost = true`) and then setting up a rule in the Criteria to boost higher when `entity.boost=true` (edited)

Hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for your question!

Yes, there are several ways of forcing a product to be displayed as a recommendation despite your site not getting a lot of traffic:

1. Promotions

2. Criteria Sequencing with two criteria: (1) Custom Criteria and (2) Popularity, Most Viewed

3. Single Custom Criteria that combines or blends products into the results of Popularity, Most Viewed. This can be done by downloading a CSV for an activity that uses Popularity, Most Viewed.

4. Attribute weighing (setting a customer entity.attribute such as  `entity.boost = true`) and then setting up a rule in the Criteria to boost higher when `entity.boost=true` (edited)

Hope this is helpful!