• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 LR5 upgraded to CC (Unhappy)

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very unhappy with the process and lack of product support. I upgraded so that I might be able to actually print with Photoshop again, since that ability went out the window a long time ago with CS6.

First thing that happens when I tried to print with CC - Crash...no different than CS6. Never mind losing all of my actions and presets while upgrading and never mind LR folders disappearing as well.

Never been so over a program(s) in my life.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that print options disapear like that. I still can print with my Ps version CS 5.

It may be, however, that configuration changes or updates of some software may impact program functionality.

please describe what happened and what your current situation is. This forum is for Lightroom. If you have additionall questions for Photoshop, you may use the Phitoshop forum. Chances are bigger you get useful answers.

pleas indicate also clearly the exact program version and your OS and version as thise information are crucial for the expert to give you abqualified answer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use several printers. I often modify PDFs of shipping labels in Photoshop in order o make them fit on 4x6 labels which I then print on a Zebra thermal printer. I used to be able to do this with CS6. Then it started crashing. When I tried to get help Adobe said they no longer support that version of their software. I ended up having to resave the file as a PDF and open it in Acrobat reader to print it. I did not have to use to have to do this in order to print a PDF from Photoshop until after the software was upgraded to CC. It used to work fine.

My other printers will work from Adobe.

Since I recently upgrade to a 5D MkIV I upgraded the software in order to access that camera's raw files. I had hoped that I might be able to save a couple of steps and also be able to print PDFs from Photoshop with the  Zebra. NO such luck. And knowing Adobe it will be a long drawn out process trying to get support. Having to rely on other users on this forum to get any suggestions to solve an issue that should not be an issue to begin with.

Conclusion: buggy expensive software that doesn't function properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a Photoshop problem, please post it in the Photoshop Forum. This is the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even save a screen shot anymore. Software crashes for that, too.  Geez... ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20171016_085429.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TO be clear it only happens with the Zebra printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask your question in the Photoshop forum and not the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator] - Moved to Photoshop forum

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I thought this was general discussion.

All right. I guess it's time to call.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines