• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Initialization error

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop CC 2017 on day one.  It worked.  On day 2 when I tried to open the program the error message was "Could not initialize Photoshop because of a disk error."  I deleted Photoshop using Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe.  Still get the same message.  I don't know where to start looking for the problem.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting your preferences: Preferences in Photoshop​. As it notes in that help document, if you can't get into Photoshop to utilize  the menus, you can reset via keyboard shortcut during program start up (Alt+Ctrl+Shift on Windows or Option+Cmd+Shift on Mac). Please be aware that this will remove customized workspaces, color settings, shortcuts etc., but, since you just downloaded Photoshop, hopefully that's not too great a loss.

If that doesn't work, I would try uninstalling again and running the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems) to make sure everything is clear before reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines