• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is constantly crashing on Mac OS Sierra. Originally it was when I tried to save something to Document Cloud, but now I can't even keep it open. I've been struggling with this for over a week. Deleted preferences, uninstalled/reinstalled, logged out/in. I can't seem to find a fix. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trina Chambard,

As per the issue-description mentioned above, Acrobat is constantly crashing on Mac OS Sierra, is that correct?

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps given in the following link?

Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Could you please confirm the Mac OS version number you have on the machine?

You may refer to this link on how to: Find the macOS version number on your Mac - Apple Support

And, the dot version of Adobe Acrobat installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is there any error message you are getting when Acrobat crashes?

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. Yes, I’ve been troubleshooting without success. I’m on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6. Adobe Acrobat PRO DC version 2017.012.20098. Any idea why it keeps crashing. It starting with saving to Documents on the The Cloud. But now, I can barely save a document on the server. Thanks for any help you can provide.

trina chambard

[unnecessary information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, macOS Sierra version 10.12.6. Adobe Acrobat PRO DC version 2017.012.20098. It stays up for a few minutes then hangs. I have uninstalled and deleted everything to do with Acrobat, then re-installed, still doing the the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did some more troubleshooting and found this. I think it has to do with my preferences (or lack of).

'15.007.20033.0'

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM : Installed app '/Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app' version: '17.012.20098' versionExt: '17.012.20098.0'

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM : No update available. Application Adobe Acrobat is up-to-date.

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM : ** ARMAgent: All products are up-to-date, checking self update...

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM : ** Processing registration information for product com.adobe.ARMDCHelper

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM :    PlistReader : Optional Plist key  is not present.

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM :    PlistReader : Optional plist key  is not present.

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM :    PlistReader : Optional plist key  is not present.

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM :    PlistReader : Product registration plist parsing done.

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:42 AM :    Recently checked for update, so not checking again.

Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:57 AM : ARMAgent done...

trina chambard

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far no luck. I've gone as far as reformatting my iMac and the first thing that happened after downloading Adobe Acrobat DC....the same thing...crashes every time I open and try to save a document. I just don't get it. What changed? It used to work beautifully. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a fix for this? I am having the exact same problem.

(I have zero Safari extensions.)

– Jeanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no. I spent three days with Adobe on this, and they finally told me that it was a permissions problem emanating from Apple. This was after Adobe trashed a couple hundred Adobe files on my computer.

I contacted Apple and they deleted some startup files, including ones that Adobe missed or didn’t address. Adobe DC then began working properly. But then a few days later it began crashing again. Called Apple (Adobe was no help) and they got it working again. But it began crashing yet again. I’ve resorted to deleting startup and login files on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which files are you deleting, is it all the startup and login files? I’d like to give this a shot. Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Acrobat DC and Pro XI crashing on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trina Chambard,

Could you please try disabling the extensions, relaunch Acrobat and see if the issue still persists?

Please refer to the steps given in the following link on how to disable extensions on Mac: Install and manage Safari extensions on your Mac - Apple Support ​(follow the steps given under Turn off or uninstall extensions).

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix yet. Still struggling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trina Chambard,

Could you check if the following items are present under Users/ [User]/ Library/ Preferences folder:

(a) com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist

(b) com.adobe.distillerDC.plist

(c) DC folder under Preferences > Adobe > Acrobat > DC

(d) Acrobat WebCapture Prefs under DC folder

@ Jeanie, Could you let us know the dot version of Acrobat you have on the machine?

To check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC. I can't get the app open to check the version according to the instructions, but here's the Info: Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 3.17.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all but (b) are in my folder.

a) com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist YES

(b) com.adobe.distillerDC.plist NO

(C) DC folder under Preferences > Adobe > Acrobat > DC YES

(c) Acrobat WebCapture Prefs under DC folder YES

trina chambard

[personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try navigating to Applications > type distiller in the search bar at the top right corner and see if distiller appears in the results. If yes, try launching distiller and see if that works.

Below is the screenshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Distiller will not launch.Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 10.48.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trina Chambard, JeanieSue

Please contact our Support here: customer care​

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines