Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text formatting issues - indesign epub to ibooks author

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I don't know if this an Adobe problem, an Apple problem or maybe just a me problem!

I've been experimenting with creating a fixed layout epub in InDesign and importing to iBooks Author to take advantage of some of the interactive and multimedia features it provides.

As you'll see from the attached screen shots, the export from InDesign to iBooks as an epub is fine, but when I import to iBooks Author although the graphics are in the right place the text has severe problems, coming in so large you can only see small parts.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Best wishes

Stuart

2 ibooks view.jpg3 imported from epub to ibooks author.jpg

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to work in iBooks Author I strongly suggest you start there. I don't think the ability to import EPUB files into IBA was intended as anything other than a starting point.

That said, I'm hardly an expert at IBA but there are some options on that import as far as preserving paragraph styles. Have you tried enabling/disabling that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for your reply - disabling the paragraph styles did help slightly but still far from ideal - you're right, I'll either work in InDesign and export to fixed layout epub or I'll work in iBooks Author - combining the two just isn't working.

Cheers

Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines