• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Photoshop CS6 when I upgraded my MacMini

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I upgraded my MacMini to macOS Sierra and my Photoshop CS6, purchased & installed in January 2014 when I bought & installed my MacMini, no longer functions correctly. For instance, Photoshop quits when I close an image I've been working on. More recently, when I open Photoshop, an old image automatically appears onscreen. I am not good at tech stuff- I don't even really understand much of the verbiage on the Adobe 'support' pages (not designed or worded for the likes of me) & have no ready support to hand. Can anybody suggest a way around this? I have tried uninstalling Photoshop & re-installing it without any improvement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are simply general compatibility issues that can't be fixed. This stuff eludes Adobe's control. It might have been a good idea to read up before you upgraded and not go through with it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I asked about any problems at the Apple Shop in Covent Garden before upgrading, outlining what I had on my computer. I still think that there should be much better support from Adobe for a product that costs so much & is already apparently outdated within 3 years.. or it should have been taken off the market earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS6 was released in 2012 and was effectively Photoshop version 13. . It was replaced by CC in 2013 and given that the current version is CC2017.1.1  (effectively version 18) it is now five major versions out of date.

It was still on sale up to last year , for those who did not want a subscription plan, but it was clear that it would not be further developed or updated.

The best advice when freezing on an older version of software is to also freeze the hardware and operating system. Once any of those gets out of step then problems start to arise.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the responses I have had (thanks!) bring home to me that I am insufficiently tech savvy. I have a hard time even comprehending the comments.. I did buy CS6 because I did not want to get into subscriptions. My Photoshop needs are slender, & I really don't want the myriad endless updates that simply render my setup obsolete. As a freelance illustrator, I am simply not in a position financially to re-purchase Photoshop or, indeed, computers, scanners, etc every couple of years. Nonetheless, I'm really grateful for all the suggestions & advice- I shall in all likelihood continue to limp on using my current system until it becomes completely untenable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Photoshop is CC2017 and probably CC2018 coming shortly. For around $10 a month you get this, including any updates, plus also Lightroom. Hardly an extortionate amount for a professional piece of software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Derek, well if it's at about that level of cost here in the UK, that sounds promising. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the U.K. (where I am too) is costs £9.98 per month:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to your User Library and in the Preferences folder trash every thing adobe including the

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings folder and see if cs6 works any better.

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff- I did try doing this (with my son) without success, I'm afraid. I think I'll probably update to a subscription when I get completely  fed-up with Photoshop as it is. I'm aiming to make it last out 4 years..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to a supported system. Or get up to date with Photoshop. You're mixing old and new, a recipe for disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines