• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I am issues with an error downloading the free trial for Photoshop, if I purchase it will it make a difference?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a P50 error when trying to install the photoshop free trial on my laptop. I read the responses to uninstall it but what am I uninstalling if it never installed properly to begin with? If I purchase the software will it make a difference or will it be the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect if you uninstall the trial version  you won't be able to run it as a trial version when you reinstall.

If you have downloaded it but you can't open it try resetting the Photoshop preferences.

Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch Photoshop. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite often this error is related to permissions. You don't state your OS but Windows 10 is particularly fussy about installing with 'Admin' rights due to the pesky UAC feature. The webpage below may help

"Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

Having a subscription at this time will not solve the problem .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri thank you so much. I followed the link you sent and used the cleanup tool and I am working now!! You are amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice to hear it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines