• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why will not Photoshop print in A4

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a A4 document. But I do not manage to get a print in A4. Print size locked to 13,93 cm x 19,76 cm. I've changed Image size, canvas size to A4. The print dialog box says A4. The Printers dialog box says A4. If I export it as pdf, it is saved as A4.

Utskriftsinnstillinger_i_Photoshop.jpg

Skriv_ut.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the settings of your printer?

Example:

1 - Photoshop:

druck1.png

2 - Printer Settings:

druck2.png

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything says A4

Skrivere_og_skannere_and_Skriv_ut_jpg_and_Tilskuddskontrakt-1_pdf___66_7____Lag_1__RGB_8____and_Inbox__ Adobe_Community.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, I see.

Printing the PDF file is ok?

Printing with Word or other programs is ok?

Close Photoshop and switch off/on the printer?

As a Windows user I would restart my machine additionally.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this. Didn't help. Seems to be a bug in the Photoshop program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most desk-top printers do not print to the edge of the paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last try:

Reset the Photoshop Preferences.

Fenja

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To manually restore preferences to default:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I deinstalled the program and reinstalled it. I also tried to restore the preference file.

I created a new document 21 x 29,7 but still Print size locked is to 13,93 cm x 19,76 cm.

Skjermbilde 2017-10-17 kl. 16.13.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last I found this:

Felsöka utskriftsproblem i Photoshop

But i'm afraid it will not help much ...

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I opened Photoshop at home. Another Mac and another printer. Exactly same problem here. Seems to be something I have done wrong somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to have taken on board that most desk-top printers can't print to the edge of the paper. The image you see in the print preview panel with the shading around the edges indicates this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look like this has anything to do with the printers. The size won't change whatever I do. See picture:

Utskriftsinnstillinger_i_Photoshop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that there is a margin. Some papers can print to the edge. it's called "borderless". One example is Plain Paper.

Photo paper will leave a margin, Plain Paper (copier paper) won't. See your printer's manual about "Borderless" settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your printer's paper list there should be a Manage Custom Sizes dialog where you can define a borderless A4 as I have done here with B4.

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 10.32.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I can change the printer settings to whatever, but the print size i PS will not change. See picture posted to Derek.

OK, it is working now at home, but I'm still confused by the print window in PS says 13,97cm x 19,79. Thanks to you all for tips and advices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What did you do to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines