Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Letter to Mr. Shantanu Narayen, Chairman, President and CEO Adobe

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Narayen,

I'm writing to you to bring to your attention a problem I am having, and to appeal to your sense of fairness to make things right.

I am customer for Photoshop and Lightroom for which I pay $10/month. However, recently I noticed that I was being charged for the Adobe Stock product ($32.65 for each of the last three months), a service I did not order.  I do not know how I came to be receiving it. I suspect that you may have my information from my current subscription, and billed me erroneously.  Once I noticed the charge, I did the obvious thing, cancelled it, but then I was charged $130.61, for canceling something I didn't order in the first place.

I am apparently not alone in this situation, as other customers with the same problem have posted in the Adobe forums, but they have not gotten satisfaction. Here are some examples:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2296323

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2053159

While the individuals on those forums accuse Adobe of unethical behavior, I think it is simply that an administrative error has been made. Can you please make sure I am refunded the $228.56 that I am out?  (3 months x $32.65 + the cancellation fee of $130.61).

Thanks very much.

Sincerely,

Marina Tychinina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Hi Gustaf,

In regards to the post above, you can share your concerns related to the product issues on the following email address shared in a private message or you can also wait for David to respond on the next business day. We apologize for the delay in response here.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt they will see this in a user to user forum. I doubt they even know the forums exist, actually.

I would suggest to contact @AdobeCare on Twitter for account related issues. Hope that helps, good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Marina,

I'm terribly sorry for the trouble that this has caused you. I'm coordinating with my team now to correct this and will update you with more details shortly.

Kind regards,

David Kastendick

Manager, Social Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day David

my name is Gus Hallgren, 93 yr old veteran of flying bombers as a navigator in European theater in WW2.. have used every edition of photoshop since 2007.

i have discover a bunch of error which I described in a letter to you, which tracking says arrived in corporate office in San Jose last thurs at 9:58 am.

As I have not heard from you, maybe another error, and a loss of over an hour of typing.

As my hearing is terrible, could you give me. Your email, I will resend it.

Gus

BTW: would appreciate a reply ASAP as my wife has to handle talking to the bank as a interpreter and she is going ballistctic over this situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gustaf,

In regards to the post above, you can share your concerns related to the product issues on the following email address shared in a private message or you can also wait for David to respond on the next business day. We apologize for the delay in response here.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

This is Photoshop I have enjoyed for the last ten years, and not the comedy of errors I found in over zealous support shown by a couple of support chats..

Thank you very much for your prompt attention

Best regards

Gus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gus,

I think there was a mixup in my communication through Twarita.  Please see the Private Message I've sent.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. However Twarita walked me through a resolution.

Thanks Twarita

Gus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Gustaf.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Twarita

Thank you very much. You are a Lay of your word, and when the bank was dragging it’s heels, your persistence showed a cred of $100,70 in my bank account today as you said it would.

You are a credit to Adobe and renewed my confidence in Adobe

in appreciation.

Gus Hallgren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome Gustaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good. Morning Twarita

you are a Lady of your word and I appreciate your assistance.

Keep up the good work.

Cordialy

Gus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Marina,

We have resolved this and I am sending you more detailed information via email.

Kind regards,

David Kastendick

Manager, Social Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started