• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused with Input/Output Points from Info Panel and Curves while matching color?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to match a sampled color from one layer to another using the Info panel and Curves.

1. I tried going to the R,G,B channels and dragging from the midtone value of 128 for each channel until it matched the corresponding R,G,B values from the sampled layer.

2. I also tried taking the finger tool from the Curves panel and using this to drag in my image either up or down next to the sample point to match the R,G,B values from the sampled layer.

3. I also tried placing a point on the midtone value of 128 for each channel and I manually entered the corresponding R,G,B values from the sampled layer's info R,G,B values. This changes the output value in the Curvels panel, though it does not change the output value in the Info panel?

None of these approaches came close in matching color. What is the right way of doing what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot (full screen) with Layers panel, Properties and Info panel visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the techniques I described above even correct? I do not have the image I was trying to complete on my computer so I downloaded a couple of images and completed the steps listed in my above #1 and as can be seen, something is wrong. Thanks for any help.Curves.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of things comes in my mind: perhaps problem is because layer mask is selected in the Layers panel. I can not remember exactly but I have experienced something similar in the past. Another thing to address is second sample point which is, it seems, measuring pure white spot which you can not re-color by dragging middle or bottom of the channels point to the right. It is probably better idea to use retouching tools to patch instead of trying to match surrounding colors using curves, even if you limit Curves to only that area.

And by the way, 11 x 11 Average is perhaps too much, change from Sample Size drop down list to 3x3 Average, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried using Match Color to do this? I’ve had some success with it on similar projects when used along with careful selections. Match, replace, and mix colors in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines