• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fly-Out Panel

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign CS3 fly-out tool panels do not open.  I have VMWareFusion, so that I can use Windows Adobe on my Mac.  This problem just occurred today when I upgraded to VMWare 10.  Any suggestions?  Thank you for any help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I'm doubtful that an 11 year old version of InDesign will be compatible on a new version of VMWare on Mac, you should consider experimenting with this:

1. Try clicking on a different workspace, just to make sure the commands aren't being hidden by a workspace setting.

2. Trash preferences and restart InDesign.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you are correct about my old version not being compatible.  I did not think of this when I upgraded. 

I still have CS 3 because I only use it for a church newsletter and a few personal things.  I upgraded to VMWare 10 because VMWare 7 stopped working a few days ago.  The rep said 7 is not compatible with Sierra, although it worked fine for 3 months. 

I only know InDesign basics.  Could you tell me how to click on a different workspace and how to trash preferences?  Sorry I am so unknowledgeable, and I certainly appreciate any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Workspace should show different workspaces. You can also Reset [current workspace]

I believe these were in CS3, as I recall.

Restoring preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Steve.

My workspace shows Basic, Default Workspace, New and Improved in CS3, Printng and Proofing, Reset Menus, Reset Panels and Save Workspace. 

What should I choose, and should an InDesign file be open when I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of don't have CS3 installed anymore. We can make suggestions...you'll have to experiment to see if they work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I'll try them all.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything and something worked.  Now my fly-out panels are opening!   

One last question.  My palette docks now have moved so far to the right side of my monitor screen that they are partially off the screen.  When I try to pull them back to the left, I just stretch the palettes.  Does anyone know how to get hold of them and actually move them to the left? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would start by maximizing your InDesign Window. If that doesn't work, reset your workspace. Either the InDesign window is too large and extending past the right edge of your display, or your panels are undocked.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines